News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

wtb: high fender kit for a Girly

Started by cba191, January 10, 2014, 05:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cba191

Anyone have one?  Or recommend anything the works without a lot of fabrication?
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

swappy

Hi you can make a high fender kit without  too much fabrication, there are a couple of posts on here by people who have made there own, I think "Sasquatch"  used to sell them ages ago. I followed their designs and made one all you have to make a mudguard brace from aluminium, mount it with some spacers to the two threaded holes underneath the bottom yolk. Then  I bought a KTM enduro mudguard and drilled and bolted it to the brace. You will have to alter the brake lines though.
Yellow tiger 885i 1999

cba191

What do you use to cut the aluminum?

the brake lines aren't a big deal. I need to bleed them anyways. New ones aren't much more trouble.
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

Mustang

jig saw for home use works , use at least an 18 tpi blade

honda crf fenders work better

"stretch" is who used to make the kit for like 200 bucks
had a crf fender
2 new brake hoses
the bracket
and nuts and bolts
he doesn't do them any more .

swappy

I used a 4inch angle grinder with a thin metal cutting blade then just cleaned the edges up with a file and some emery paper, the aluminium was about 2.5mm thick.
Yellow tiger 885i 1999

Sin_Tiger

Aeronca is your expert here, he was kind enough to send me a very nice kit and probably still has all the info. Do a search with his name on high fender.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint