News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK - Steamer Mustang style front wheel conversion

Started by GavD, January 22, 2014, 05:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavD

I've recently done a proper conversion on my steamer front end to a Sprint 3 spoke set up.
As a result I have a kit that will bolt straight into the standard front end of a steamer to give you a cast 17" wheel.
The kit includes front wheel, discs, spacer/sleeve for one side, speedo drive turned down with sleeve inserted and brake caliper brackets & bolts to set the calipers back and in a bit.
Here is Mustangs thread on his conversion, please note mine is a 6 spoke wheel.http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7197.0.html

The wheel was white and was sprayed black by the PO, getting a bit tatty so depending on the state of your bike may need a refresh.
Discs have been sprayed hammerite gold which is coming away in a few places by the bolts.
The brake caliper brackets aren't the nicest of work, functional more than pretty, but once on the bike you dont really notice.

I haven't got a price in mind, but if you PM me with an offer I'll consider it. Postage will be exactly what I pay.

I have the rear wheel to match which at the moment is sat in my bike because it has a virtually brand new rear tyre on it, but if you wanna make me an offer on that too I'm willing to listen. The offer would have to cover the price of a new tyre for the 17" 3 spoke I have. What you would get though would be wheel, tyre, disc, sprocket rubbers and sprocket carrier (no sprocket).
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S