News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2005 single fuel hose

Started by exchead, February 09, 2014, 12:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exchead

hi all just removed fuel tank on my 2005 Girly straight forward job no problems,i only have two breather pipes and one fuel hose going into metal elbow on fuel pump mounting bracket so assume i have later model fittings,the fuel hose says star on it and u just push the square connector to release which i have done and all good,no sign of any o rings in connector am i right in thinking the later connector is self sealing from the green and yellow plastic i can see when i look down it? and i dont need the two o rings earlier models need,also going to replace inline fuel filter while tank is empty of fuel do i need new gasket and can someone point me in the directionof the fuel filters that are cheaper than triumph ones can remember someone saying on here bmw ones fit and are cheaper cheers  :icon_confused:

Chris Canning

Look for a BM filter that fits an R1100s.

exchead

Bixxer Bob

Gasket is re-usable, worth checking / cleaning the guage sender while you're in there, they're prone to sticking. Take care when retightening any bolts into captive nuts in the tank, they are prone to letting go of the plastic.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

exchead

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on February 09, 2014, 04:21:37 PM
Gasket is re-usable, worth checking / cleaning the guage sender while you're in there, they're prone to sticking. Take care when retightening any bolts into captive nuts in the tank, they are prone to letting go of the plastic.
thanks for info can u confirm i dont need any o rings on my fuel connector as i said earlier single fuel line 2005 model cheers

Bixxer Bob

It says so in the Haynes, (if I remember rightly) but mine's been off loads of times and never changed the o ring.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

exchead

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on February 10, 2014, 12:04:42 AM
It says so in the Haynes, (if I remember rightly) but mine's been off loads of times and never changed the o ring.
i cant see any evidence of any o ring just green and red plastic inside the connector

metalguru

Make sure when you replace the inline filter make sure both pipes have their hose clamps fitted as the pipes have been known to come off. The inline filters are also available from motor factors as a pattern fit.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

exchead

Quote from: metalguru on February 14, 2014, 08:32:49 PM
Make sure when you replace the inline filter make sure both pipes have their hose clamps fitted as the pipes have been known to come off. The inline filters are also available from motor factors as a pattern fit.
thanks for info