News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

LED headlight bulbs

Started by cba191, February 20, 2014, 07:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cba191

I just ordered a set.  There is actually a 20% preorder discount (ledpreorder).  I like the idea of a longer lasting light.  The brightness improvement without the problems associated with HIDs is nice as well.  The beta has been going really well as well.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=948701
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

NortonCharlie

Looking forward to here how they work for you.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

v8er6.6

I'm eager to find out too, keep us posted please.

matts23

I assume you are planning to just leave the rubber boots off the back of the headlight assembly that normally go on over the stem of the bulb?  I was looking into these as well but wasn't sure if it would be any downside to leaving those off.  I looked at my 2002 and there wouldn't be a way of trimming them to fit or anything.  Curious what your thoughts are on this.
----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

cba191

I'm planning on leaving them on. I'll mess around with it to see what works. If I have to make too many modifications, I'll just return them. The guy selling them is solid. He'll accept returns if they don't work. 

matts23

Did you ever get your led bulbs and put them in?  I have been wondering how they install and look in the dark once they are in.
----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

cba191

After installing the long range auxiliaries, I decided that I don't need more light. But looking at the pics on the thread, I'm tempted again.

brad1098

What long range aux lights did you go with?
02 black-Lorna