News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chain rub on lowered 885I

Started by DKWrider, February 23, 2014, 05:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWrider

I rotated the wheel adjusters about a year ago to lower my Tiger.  I thought I had the chain set right but after the first ride but saw significant rubbing of the grease off the outer part of the chain (previous owner used some kind of machine lube) and also a cut in my chain guide.   Obviously had too much slack in the chain.

I am getting ready for a chain and sprocket replacement and I am a bit concerned about the apparent wear on the side of the chain and was wondering if this is normal.  I don't want to put on new drive components only to wear the chain out prematurely.

Also, does anyone else ride two up with a Tiger lowered this way?

2000 Lightning Yellow Tiger

Mustang

:nono you never raised the chain guard when you flipped the eccentrics did ya ?
the chains been rubbing on the chain guard this whole time . about a 1/2 inch spacer under the rear chain guard mount usually does the trick................

DKWrider

I had put a spacer, but not that large.  Fixed it today with a nylon spacer and a longer bolt.    :wheel

Thanks, Mustang.  :icon_salut:
2000 Lightning Yellow Tiger