News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Battery Size?

Started by fraserdog, March 23, 2014, 07:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraserdog

I took the Tiger for an MOT on Thursday (it passed) and when I went to leave the workshop the battery didn't have enough in it to start the bike,i put this down to testing the lights etc with the engine not running but it should have coped with that,workshop checked the battery and it's on it's last legs,anyway it has a the standard YTX14-BS fitted but lurking in the garage I have a perfect Yuasa YTX16-BS battery,apart from being a smidge taller it fits in the Tiger battery box with no clearance issues so would it be o.k. to use on the Tiger? I thought it might even be of some benefit being a higher amp battery for when the heated grips are on?
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

metalguru

Had the same on mine, only difference was the taller one came from an Adventurer/Thunderbird fitment.
Thought exactly the same as you as a bit more capacity wouldn't hurt.
It was a Motobatt too so even more capacity, no problems encountered.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.