News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer Tank Bag

Started by GermanTigger, March 26, 2014, 04:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanTigger

Looking for a tank bag for my steamer with strap system. Let me know if you have one laying around you are wanting to get rid of!

US only please as I live in Texas.

Shoot me a PM.

-Marcus
German in Texas riding a British bike.. Globalization!
97 Triumph Tiger
77 BMW R100/7

Sin_Tiger

Marcus,  do you mean you already have a strap type mount? I don't think Triumph made a tank bag as a genuine accessory,   :icon_scratch: Mustang will put me right in a minute.

I have fitted a bag with a modified SW Motech clip on tank mountif that's any help, it's real easy to do and gives you a lot of bag options.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 26, 2014, 08:41:22 PM
I don't think Triumph made a tank bag as a genuine accessory,   :icon_scratch: Mustang will put me right in a minute.

they did

rf9rider

Bagster have a few tank covers on Ebay UK at the moment, various colours if thats what you`re looking for?

GermanTigger

Thanks for the replies fellows! I have found SW, GIVI, and some hepcos (doesnt need to have the Triumph $$$ logo on it).... before I splurge on buying a new one just thought i would see if someone here had one laying around from old steamer that they know fits well (these damn tanks have a weird shape and the 3 tank bags I have from previous bikes are of course all magnetic based). Perfect riding season down here in Texas now, and the hill country is calling my name!
97 Triumph Tiger
77 BMW R100/7

Sin_Tiger

The SW Motech City tank bag fits well, that might help as a guide. Needs to have that drop to the rear to sit nicely without distorting the bag or getting in your way by sticking out too far to the rear.

Sorry about the flash glare.

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Mustang on March 26, 2014, 11:25:30 PM
they did

Thanks Mustang, was it the same one they offered for the Girlies as below? That's Strech's old bag (a bit modified) by the way.

Mustang

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 27, 2014, 11:54:08 AM
Quote from: Mustang on March 26, 2014, 11:25:30 PM
they did

Thanks Mustang, was it the same one they offered for the Girlies as below? That's Strech's old bag (a bit modified) by the way.
it was , they were almost identical

GermanTigger

Sin Tiger thank for flashing us! That bag looks good, thanks for advice as well. I will keep my eye out for one.
97 Triumph Tiger
77 BMW R100/7

Sin_Tiger

If you go the SW MOTECH tank ring route beware that the tank side adaptor they list does NOT fit the Steamer even though they say it does. I've told them but never got a response  :icon_rolleyes:

I just used a generic one and drilled it to suit. If you're not confident about that let me know and I'll stick one in the mail to you.

steamer 96

Hi German Tiger

I was on the receiving end of Sin Tigers assistance and was able to make a tank bag, after years of metal tanks I loved the large Oxford magnetic tank bag, last year I purchased from Sin Tiger the SW Motech city bag and a modified tank ring, both worked well but I found the city bag small.... Great for a day ride but a larger bag was required when you need to pack plenty of gear,  so I obtained a cheep Motech bag and removed the fitting ring and attached it to an old Oxford tank bag (cutting the magnetic wings off).  Job done and it's great....   It doesn't hug the curve of the tank like the Motech bag does but it works for me. The hardest bit was getting the Motech tank ring but Sin Tiger stepped in and provided a modified tank ring  :notworthy

Enjoy
          Steamer96