News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Conrod tightening torque, tiger -95?

Started by Fulingbusen, April 06, 2014, 10:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulingbusen

The tightening torque for the rods isn't listed in the Haynes manual, can anyone help me find them?

Mustang

the Triumph bible says to grease the threads with moly bdenum disulphide grease and tighten down in three stages
1st= 14nm
2nd=32nm
3rd=36nm

it also warns of catastrophic failure of the nuts loosening when running if you don't torque them down in the three stages

Fulingbusen

Fulingbusen

Just realized that I also need the tourques for cylinder head and camshaft journals.  I have the late model without access cover on upper crankcase. (Which is why I needed to split the engine in order to replace the sprag clutch)

ram33

Quote from: Fulingbusen on April 06, 2014, 11:46:44 PM
Just realized that I also need the tourques for cylinder head and camshaft journals.  I have the late model without access cover on upper crankcase. (Which is why I needed to split the engine in order to replace the sprag clutch)
you dont need to remove head to do sprag - your only splitting the bottom crankcase
camshaft bearing caps to head 10NM (oil threads)
do you mean cylinder head bolts?
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Fulingbusen

Oops, too late for not removing the head. 

Yes, I meant cylinder head bolts

ram33

crankcase without alternator cover:
clean bolts, lubricate threads, then wipe clean to leave almost dry
20NM then 27NM in sequence
then a further 90 deg
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Fulingbusen

Is there a document available for the tourques?  At this stage I need the clutch bolt tightening tourques

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint