News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The voltage meter works. Just the voltage meter....

Started by cba191, April 07, 2014, 06:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cba191

Well, I finally got everything back together. New battery, new regulator, all good to go...nothing. It worked before the reg and the valve check. Did I forget to plug something in when I put the airbox back on? Is it possible to connect the reg wrong? It was working before the airbox removal with the auxiliaries and the fuzeblock, so it has to be the airbox or the regulator. It is doing absolutely nothing. No lights, nada.
Fuses are all good.   :BangHead
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

chairhead

Dodgy ignition ?, replace both 30 amp fuses, more often than not a visual check won't  reveal all.
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

cba191

'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

metalguru

Have you tried the large fuse holder at the side of the battery box??

With all dead it has to be a primary supply, ie Battery connections, main switch, main fuse etc. Could of course be a dead battery. Has the main switch connecter pulled apart?
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

tntmo

The bike will start and run even with the stator or regulator unplugged.  I agree with everyone else, got to be a main power supply issue.  Start following the power with a multimeter.