News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear wheel spacer help: 1999 Tiger 885

Started by johnnyadventurepants, April 24, 2009, 01:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyadventurepants

So I got new tires and ran into trouble putting rear wheel back on.  I have a spacer for each side that kind of fits into rim.  No problem.  But then I find a washer/spacer that I think goes in between left spacer and swing arm.  Can't seem to make it fit.  Why would they have a spacer next to a spacer I ask myself.  I put it back together without that washer/spacer and everything is tight/wobble free and drives fine- but it is in the back of my head and is bothering me.  What say you?
\'99 Tiger 885i

Mustang

it's probably the washer that goes for the bolt on the axle shaft

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "Mustang"it's probably the washer that goes for the bolt on the axle shaft

+1

You should check bikebandit.com and the online parts fiche.
Bruin\'

AUtiger

On my 2000, the larger 2 piece looking spacer goes on the brake side and the smaller one goes on the sprocket side. I just went through the same thing and lucked into it after fighting wit it a 1/2 day!  Getting the brake pads to align with the disc was my issue on that side.

Note to self  - take pic and notes when dissasembling

outrunner

Quote from: "AUtiger"Getting the brake pads to align with the disc was my issue on that side.

Make it easy for yourself by taking the caliper off when removing/installing the rear wheel, it's only another 2 bolts.  :wink:

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!