News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dipped headlights!

Started by tiger668, April 14, 2014, 01:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiger668

Hi all, strange electrical fault here, hope this makes sense. :icon_scratch: Start the bike, switch headlights on and both dipped come on fine, select main and both main come on, select dipped again and main go off but so do dipped, NOT so good riding at night!!!!! Side lights remain on through all this. Tried switching lights off and on a few times, no dipped lights! only side and main beam.  Ride for a few miles and dipped come back on again, but if I switch to main the same happens each time. If I have dipped on and use the "pass" button, no probs there it all, works as it should and dipped remain on after releasing the button. Please DONT say "don't switch to main": :nono. Thanks in advance. Thinking headlight relay????

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

tiger668

Many thanks for that! No items on World of Triumph site, anywhere you can suggest?

Bixxer Bob

You can pick up a relay anywhere for a couple of quid but, if they're like Girlies, you have to get the right type. Take your old one along to you local go-faster motorist shop (not Halfords, they're 'kin useless) and they'll pick out the right one for you.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

tiger668

Sound advice, and also sounds like a plan, thanks bud. :thumbsup