News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ethanol solution

Started by rybes, April 17, 2014, 10:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

just found this thread elsewhere while finsin out how to change timin belts for someone. what with the thread recently of shrinkin plastic due to ethanol, i thought this might be of intrest
http://goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14679
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

nickjtc

Very interesting. But as several of the posters said in the thread, in the time that you are de-ethanolising the fuel you could be out there riding and burning it off. I could see it as being a good idea if a person likes leaving the tank full when they winterise the bike, but having said that SeaFoam or Stabil do a very good job of stopping the negative effects of ethanol.

EXCEPT, if the process would stop the dreaded fuel-tank swelling then it would be good to be proactive and start doing it.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"