News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly Alzheimers?

Started by JTT, April 22, 2014, 01:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTT

After a long winter nap, I took my Tiger out for a good run today.  Over the winter, she was treated to an oil/filter change and a good detailing.  Really nothing else, as I did valves, balanced throttle bodies, and air filter late last fall.  All was working normally when put down for winter nap.

While all seemed to be working great today, I first noticed that my clock was blank...bummer, but no biggie, things do die.  But then I noticed that my tripometer rests to zero each time I turn off the key??  In fact it defaults back to ODO....basically like it does when you disconnect the battery.  I haven't dug in looking yet, but has anyone ever experienced this? 
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

NortonCharlie

Sounds like you blew your 10 amp accessory fuse. 
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

HockleyBoy

If its not the fuse have a look at the large connector block behind the headlight fairing, both my Girlies have had the same problem and in both cases it has been corrosion in the block.

This may help, Bob's pointers saved me a lot of time

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,13255.msg97913.html#msg97913
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

John Stenhouse

Could also be your battery connections, check they're tight.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

JTT

Thanks!  I'll do some digging one night this week.  That link is a big help HockleyBoy! (and Bob!)
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C