News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

side cover screws

Started by ssevy, May 09, 2014, 02:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

These are what I had for attaching the airbox side covers. The dealer had no fiche of them, so couldn't order replacements or tell me if these are correct. My new airbox came today, and the holes for mounting these look to be for self tapping screws like these, so maybe they are the ones? Mine are pretty rounded off, so I may replace them in any case, but would like to know what the originals are supposed to be?

I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Mustang

those are the OEM's, pretty cheesy huh !

ssevy

Yeah, pretty lame. Thanks for the quick response!
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

Yup, I guess they were thinking throw them away same as the whole air box when you change the air filter  :icon_rolleyes:

Having just done two of these in quick succession I made some modifications by drilling out the little plastic bosses and gluing in m5 rivnuts. Not sure how long they'll last but let's see. I'll post some pics when I can.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint