News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Decals pattern/stencil

Started by coachgeo, May 22, 2014, 07:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachgeo

I did a google search of this site for Decals and Stickers already and did not come up with much useful for this question.  Buttt... it is likely I missed it so if anyone has a thread(s)/post(s) to suggest please do so.

What Im looking for is pattern/Stencil  of the Tiger Steamer decals.  Or an existing decal not yet applied I or someone can scan into a vector to make a stencil out of. 

I am most likely going to use something like "Dip my Car"  paint method  on the bike.  This way I can experiment with paint schemes or cover potential road rash easy after any misshaps that might happen as I get use to the bike. Mind you though  I will do ALL I CAN to make sure it is dip-peeled, re-dipped and lettered  only cause I want to experiment with the look and not cause of a mishap.  Either way though it could end up needing new decals more than once... Sooooooo  I think I would be better off to have made or make a stencil for each color of the TIGER on the tank and the other Decals...  Might modify some of the others anyway once I get the font down.  ( "Diesel Only" and Tribota instead of "Triumph"  or "Triumph-Powered by Kubota".  Either in the same/similar font  as "Triumph" for example)

I expect to have the bike on the road in Sept. or Oct.

Will update the build thread with fabrication going on recent.  We've made a lot of progress and build is clipping along somewhat steady now.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

t4tiger

http://www.bikedecals.co.uk/

Hi,  Not sure if this is what you mean.  Hope it helps,

coachgeo

Quote from: t4tiger on May 22, 2014, 10:27:26 AM
http://www.bikedecals.co.uk/

Hi,  Not sure if this is what you mean.  Hope it helps,
Thannx that is a start.  I should say Im in USA.    Need primarily the Stock OEM on the tank etc.   

Mustang

Mustang

get to a vinyl shop give em this pic
they will make you any size and color you want

coachgeo

coachgeo

Question though is does the real decal have any curvature to match the tank designed in it.   Does it read like the picture when on the tank but look distorted when laid flat as a flat decal.    Extreme example would be a decal of the Globe would look distorted flat but just right after applied on the right size sphere.

Sin_Tiger

No, it's fine. Stop obsessing and get on with getting this stone crusher running  :wheel
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

The letters are all seperate, so no curvature needed, they fit just fine.

coachgeo

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 22, 2014, 09:08:05 PM
No, it's fine. Stop obsessing and get on with getting this stone crusher running  :wheel
Bartered a second Tiger to my friend Curtis to build my Diesel Tiger back when I lived in  TX; then had to move to find steady employment. Thus Im relegated to the obsessing role here in OH :BangHead  Buttt..... It's worth it cause Curtis's skills are par none.

Curtis is going to Dieselize his too so he is making two of everything as he builds mine. The second will go on his.

coachgeo

Doing more search and figured I would contribute

http://vector.me/search/triumph-font

now just looking for the below Logo with the white outline on it and maybe lettes "bota" other letters to "maybe" turn Triumph into Tribota