News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Put bike in gear.. Engine shuts off!?

Started by cjunior955i, June 15, 2014, 08:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjunior955i

Just picked up an 06 with 6k on the odometer 2 weeks ago. Rode yesterday about 30 miles with no problems. Went to go for a ride today. Started right up, put in gear, and engine shut off. Did this about 15-20 times and I checked the kickstand/ safety to make sure it was up and disengaged. Seems like the sensor may be bad?  Any other ideas to what may be causing this?  Thanks for your input.
2006 Triumph Tiger
(Previous):
2003 Triumph Sprint ST
1986 Suzuki GS 550ES

Boo

Sidestand switch or the sidestand is down. Check it out or bypass the switch by connecting the two wires togeather.

HockleyBoy

Side stand switch often gets a bit sticky on mine, spray a little WD40 into/onto it and push it in and out a few times and its normally fine. Worth trying before testing the wiring.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

NortonCharlie

01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

cjunior955i

Thanks for the input fellas.  I took the sidestand safety switch off and it appears as it was in fact stuck and just bottoming out on the sidestand.  I just loosened the bolts slightly, to prevent it from binding and that appears to do the trick.  A few shots of WD40 and cleaned it up and so far, so good!  Thanks again. 
2006 Triumph Tiger
(Previous):
2003 Triumph Sprint ST
1986 Suzuki GS 550ES