News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A ggod mechanic?

Started by t4tiger, June 19, 2014, 08:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t4tiger

Hi,  Can anyone recommend a good mechanic who knows the Tiger?  I'm in the York UK area.  Many thanks.

ram33

tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

threepot

The best Tiger mechanics are here! There's not much you wont be able to tackle with the knowledge of these guys :thumbsup
95 Super111
96 Tiger

t4tiger

I agree and I've had a go at a fair few things that I wouldn't have dreamed of.  My last exploit was to get the carbs cleaned and then put it back together.  Eventually succeeded after many hours of cussing and scuffed knuckles.  This was an improvement an I'm now able to ride it but I have the significant hesitation when opening the throttle with any vigour, that I didn't have before.  I want to try Mustang's improvments to the jets etc but am not feeling confident and want to be able to call for help if needed.   :icon_redface:

rybes

just take your time, take pics if need be and get an old sheet and lay everythin out in order it comes of. use a sheet of paper for small things like carbs. get a piece of card and when you take bolts out push em in the card and write where they came from and take your time. get a haynes manual or download the triumph service manual from this site and youll be fine  :icon_mrgreen:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

threepot

Theres plenty of info on working on carbs on here and the net. You can sort this out without paying someone else.
If the hesitation wasn't there before,I'd start by checking all the carb manifold and airbox connections . Was the airbox and carb manifold rubbers in good condition ie no cracks etc? If the bike hesitates..bogs down whilst accelerating,could be blocked pilot jets? Idle mix screws turned out equally,about 2 turns. Process of elimination.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Might be a good idea to update your profile with your location (original post it might get missed), then if you get stuck you might be lucky enough to have someone local riding to your rescue.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

aint that the truth  :thumbsup cheers Bob  :icon_mrgreen:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)