News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

So there I am today, cruising along at 90 when....

Started by BP_LONDON, March 26, 2005, 11:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

...the air decides to leave my rear tire. Bike turned into a lob of jelly in an instant and I was very luckly/blessed to keep the shiny bits up (this happened on the M27 on a long right hand sweeper!). :shock:

I take the first exit and right at the first roundabout. Stop at the first bit of civilisation and what do you know, I come to a rolling stop at the only bike wheel shop for miles. I had to pinch myself as I thought 'I can't possibly be this lucky'.8-[

Tube replaced and I'm off to Southampton. Through New Forest to meet up with the guy selling the Remus can. We get it fitted and chat for a bit about GPS and his 2 day old 1200GS. Amazing looking machine.

The ride home was great as I was enjoying the beautiful exhaust note from the Remus can at every opportunity - especially roundabouts...

8)  :mrgreen:

ferret

BP, do you not need a remap of the management system after fitting the Remus?
He who laughs last, often laughs alone!

ferret

Sorry, just raed the other threads. Question answered I think.

Next, what is the Remus part No. and will it fit a 99 885 Tiger?

Ta
He who laughs last, often laughs alone!

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "ferret"BP, do you not need a remap of the management system after fitting the Remus?

No. I went to a triumph dealership and they said if the bike runs great then don't remap it. Also, this specific remus can is not a race can, so it was developed on std settings and is road legal.

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "ferret"Sorry, just raed the other threads. Question answered I think.

Next, what is the Remus part No. and will it fit a 99 885 Tiger?

Ta

Don't have the part number, but  the can is called a Remus genesis.  Its the carbon oval can. It WILL for any tiger from 2001 - 05, but don't know about older models.

MikeB

cats are just lucky!

Thanks for the Remus Genesis info BP; do you notice any increase in performance? How much better is the sound?
------------------------------------------------

2005 Tiger - silver

1997 T\'Bird- black

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "MikeB"cats are just lucky!

Thanks for the Remus Genesis info BP; do you notice any increase in performance? How much better is the sound?

I can't really tell if there is a power or torque increase, but throttle response is sharper. If I blip the throttle the engine responds and settles quicker.

The sound is infinitely better. Fruity but not too loud, very nice and deep around roundabouts and in town! When at speed, the engine has a deep racecar sound to it, very very nice.

52blackshadow

Coming home from work on Thursday afternoon, flew through the traffic from York all the way down the M1, got to A43 and flew along there to Towcester - 160 miles through really heavy traffic - stopped in the centre of Towcester at a red traffic light - 2 seconds later, bang - the valve in the rear of my R1100Rt blew apart and all the air rushed out in a couple of seconds - glad it didn't happen 10 minutes earlier!

Cheers,

Shadow.
Ride safe!!!!!

frankmrobinson

Years ago...My front brake cable broke when I was pushing the bike into the garage.
Frank

Kill Switch

Yeah, I know how it is.  My clutch cable broke at a stop light.  I was in neutral too. :D

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "frankmrobinson"Years ago...My front brake cable broke when I was pushing the bike into the garage.

I don't get this, is your post supposed to be sarcastic or ironic? What are you implying?

Kill Switch

I think the post was just a joke to point out that he has been lucky not to have been in a situation such as yours....like mine.