News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Aftermarket Exhaust.

Started by fraserdog, June 29, 2014, 07:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraserdog

A mate of mine has a steamer and doesn't do much internet and has asked me to post as to what aftermarket silencers are available for a Steamer and which are the best ones? Will he need to re jet the carbs if he fits aftermarket silencers? Any info appreciated and i'll pass it on.
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

HeavyHustler

Sin_Tiger

What does he want to achieve?

Personally I don't think it's worth it unless you're going to change the cams, igniter and carbs from, correct me, a Trophy  :icon_scratch:

I have a set available, similar to that but not Scorpion (a UK make I forget which), if he's really determined to make it sound like he's going faster but in reality probably only using more fuel.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

The standard cans are breath-takingly heavy being made, as they are, from melted down anvils. So I'd envisage a weight saving.... :nap if nothing else!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

fraserdog

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on June 29, 2014, 11:35:25 PM
What does he want to achieve?

Personally I don't think it's worth it unless you're going to change the cams, igniter and carbs from, correct me, a Trophy  :icon_scratch:

I have a set available, similar to that but not Scorpion (a UK make I forget which), if he's really determined to make it sound like he's going faster but in reality probably only using more fuel.

I'm not sure what he wants to get from them but I assume it's a bit more noise (each to his own),he was saying that some one told him he would need the link pipes as well? If you let me know if your selling yours and what you want for them I can let him know.
1974 Honda CB500/4
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Sin_Tiger

Renegade name suddenly came to mind, I'll let you know next week, won't be ridiculous, ask him what his budget is. They are loud  :bug_eye if that's what he wants.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

fraserdog

I should be going on a rideout with him tomorrow so i'll find out more then,is everything there to just bolt on to the standard headers as he was worried about a link pipe or some such.
1974 Honda CB500/4
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

rf9rider

You can get the Motad Venoms for the Steamer, they come with removable baffles, so as loud or as quiet as you want.

Got them on mine, as do a few others on here.

Heres the link, says to contact them, though i`m sure they`d be available through other outlets, have a search.

http://www.motad.co.uk/vproduct.php?prod=Triumph+Tiger+900+%28885%29+Venom+silencer

Sin_Tiger

The link pipes are with them, go straight into the cross over H section where the stock ones connect.

ram33

ive got a set of Renegades on mine, only because my originals were holed and they turned up ceap on ebay
yes they are loud, but you can open them and repack them i think.
i didnt rejet but they seem to run fine with no flat spots
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Sin_Tiger

Yup, these are the rebuildable ones, very compact and pretty lightweight, that's handy feedback, thanks Ram  :thumbsup

I don't mind letting your mate have them to try on your cognizance FraserD, to see if they do what he wants, if not he can pass them back in the same condition, then he's not risking big money.

Geoff W

Worth contacting Motad about the venoms, they sold me a pair of seconds for £200 a pair. I cannot find any fault with them and even the local police love the sound they make.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

threepot

I would like a 'bit' more noise myself. I have a pair of D&D's on my S3,and it sounds lovely. Is it possible to strip the originals,to remove the baffles? I saw a Steamer on eBay recently,and it looked like they had been removed.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

rybes

reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

fraserdog

Cheers guys,i think I may have it sorted courtesy of Sin_Tiger.
1974 Honda CB500/4
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a