News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

On-bike filming

Started by threepot, July 09, 2014, 09:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Do any of you guys use a camera when riding? Can you recommend any? Some seem expensive,but you get what you pay for I suppose.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Moorso

Hi Threepot

I use a camera quite a lot.....I started off using a Muvi one that was tiny, I attached it to the velco zip top on my jacket. Have now got myself a Go Pro that I attach to the engine bars.

But, there are a lot of options, I know Argos do a range of 'action' cameras for a lot less than a Go Pro.

A guy on the ABR forum (Heff) bought a decent camera that is full HD and high resolution - it was (I think) £60 - 70.

Compare the two videos below....the top one is one of mine with the Go Pro, the bottom is Heff's with his camera.
Make sure in the settings bit of the viewer you turn the resolution as high as it will go before viewing the whole video.

Author of 'Valhalla and the Fjord'
Currently editing my second book: 'Hibernia - Journals from a Motorcycle'

Columnist for Motorcycle Explorer Magazine and Ulster Grand Prix

Even as a grown man, I still don't know what I want to do - trying to become Ted Simon!!

2013 Triumph Explorer

HockleyBoy

Got a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver which I use on a helmet mount for motorcycling and mountain biking. Not cheap but the picture quality is excellent.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

London_Phil

How did you mount it to your helmet?. I have an Aldi HD bullet cam with lots of mounts, but my worry is sticking it to my helmet and losing it
( yes HELMET, lets all try to retain some dignity here!!!!)

threepot

There is a good review on YouTube of a Mobius. About £60,and the accessories are cheap. Don't think I can justify go.pro cost. Still planning on the Scottish trip. If I go,would be nice to do some filming there,and on the way up. I bought one of those cheap Muvi's a while back..not really up to the job.

Moors,I'm impressed with the go.pro..no wind noise! Touratech were selling them for £200 last time I was there.mmmmm,might call there tomorrow :icon_wink:
What about battery life,length of film time? Can they be run/charged from USB?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

daveb

I recently bought the Aldi or Lidl action camera, I just need to make a bracket to  from the mirror to hold camera. The camera came with a crash lid mount - 3M self adhesive (great stuff) but I don't want a camera on my lid.

PeteH

Got a cheap an chearful Muvi, some links on here somewhere or just check out Tigger3i on youtube, it was helmet mounted via a sucker system that I fangled, connected directly to the bike the pictures got a bit noisy. You get what you pay for in the end but for £40 you cant go wrong with the Muvi  :nod
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

HockleyBoy

Quote from: London_Phil on July 10, 2014, 04:00:18 PM
How did you mount it to your helmet?. I have an Aldi HD bullet cam with lots of mounts, but my worry is sticking it to my helmet and losing it
( yes HELMET, lets all try to retain some dignity here!!!!)

Just stuck it on with a GoPro mount, has been rock solid at up to about 80mph. Anything above that and the extra wind resistance is really annoying. You can get a safety cord and additional stick on retainer if you are really worried.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

aeronca

Do it like they did when filming Mad Max :icon_evil:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

daveb

The camera I mentioned earlier from aldi has a speed rating max 50kmh if mounted to your lid. I have just made an aluminium bracket that comes off the left hand mirror base.