News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

oil leak from sprocket cover hole?

Started by jch, July 11, 2014, 04:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jch

I have had a slow oil leak since I bought my Girly late last year.  A couple of drips after riding, nothing major.  Last night I finally decided to find the cause.  I cleaned everything and then sprayed with white powder to find the source.  Turns out it is coming from inside one of the holes for the sprocket cover bolt.  See picture, everything else was clean and it was clear that the oil was originating from inside the hole.

I did a google search and found a couple of other instances, thought was that this hole was drilled too deep, seems strange but I guess I will insert some type of sealer to see if I can plug it.  Any other thoughts?

One other question, my sprockets look good but my chain needs replacing. Bike has 27K miles and the sprockets are suntour and chain is stamped with DID 50VM.  Can anyone tell me if the chain and sprockets are OEM.  Thx

HockleyBoy

Not sure about the sprockets but am pretty sure DID chains were not OEM fitment. Change the sprockets if you are changing the chain even if they look ok.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport