News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly cast wheels?

Started by qbto, July 26, 2014, 11:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbto

Is it possible to fit the cast wheels of the girly Tigers to a steamer?

Nick Calne

I bet if you use the search function you'll find the definitive answer but my understanding is that you can not.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

qbto

Why is everyone's first response try the search function ?

Does it not occur to you that maybe I've already tried that ?
Does it never cross your mind that just maybe, I've searched other Triumph forums ?
Does it never ever ever cross your mind that maybe just maybe I've searched Google ? 

Mustang

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: qbto on August 03, 2014, 03:37:28 PM
Does it not occur to you that maybe I've already tried that ?

Usually if you get a response like that it means it is an oft asked question and the answer is definitely in here somewhere. Often it's a case of finding the right combination of words, ask me how I know  :icon_rolleyes: .

If you state what search criteria you used and came up blank, someone will point you in the right direction when they get time to do it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

And NEVER bring up the 'car oil' debate!!!  :bad
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

More than your less worth mate  :nono I mentioned the war but I think I got away with it.

I did a couple of searches myself but couldn't find it and I know it's been discussed in depth. rf9rider is your man I think.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 03, 2014, 08:19:55 PM
More than your less worth mate  :nono I mentioned the war but I think I got away with it.

I did a couple of searches myself but couldn't find it and I know it's been discussed in depth. rf9rider is your man I think.

Me?  :icon_lol:

Never looked into that, but my understanding it wasn`t possible without a hell of a lot of work.

Much easier to fit the Trophy 3 spokes.  :thumbsup

Nick Calne

...because if you use the search function, on this site, using the term 'Girly wheels' the fifth item down is some discussion on the subject by theclowncrusty and chairhead.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: rf9rider on August 03, 2014, 10:46:00 PM
Me?  :icon_lol:

Much easier to fit the Trophy 3 spokes.  :thumbsup

I seem to remember that's the considered opinion. Sorry mate, was thinking of GavD in this thread "Proper Three Spoke Conversion" which may help qbto