News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Misfire. The sequel

Started by Boo, July 26, 2014, 10:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boo

After my last plea for help, misfire, I went along to my local techno buddy for some help with this problem. Unfortunately, as with every one else I have encountered on the subject of tune ups and fault diagnosis, there was a sucking of air through the teeth when asked about the subject, along with the shaking of heads.  :icon_frown:
Anyway, he connected the laptop and had a look. His program was not a triumph one but a general diagnostic thingy. He could not adjust anything, but, he did say the problem was "probably" a throttle sensor issue.
What i would like to know is, are these little blighters prone to going tits up, and are they easy to replace?
I would like to add that my local dealer is over 70 miles away and I need to sort this little %$&* before the weekend as I am hopefully off to Italy next week. Some hope! :BangHead