News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Burgled in Glen Coe by a Blue Girly

Started by Spud, July 28, 2014, 11:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

Firstly I must say sorry to the pilot of the steamer on the way to Glen Coe, but in my defence.......

I Left Fort August in drizzle which we got for a decent amount of time which was causing either my visor or my glasses to mist up, being new to wearing glasses full time I was having difficulty in working out what was best visor up rain on the glasses visor down steam up, vent open glasses steamed up.
I found if I got in front of everyone it was better (honest officer  :icon_salut: ) so as we were approaching Glen Coe I found myself behind a Steamer so I decided to go past at the same time the pilot of the steamer decided to accelerate as well, so now we are both side by side heading towards a right hander.
No problem the road ahead is clear yes it's pissing down but that's ok I look over to the guy to my left and thought wonder what he is doing must admit I was grinning at this time as I thought he just wanted to play.  :icon_lol:  I look up the road again still clear and the bends getting closer I look left again he is still there, so ok what's he doing ?  :icon_scratch: I look up the road again and back to him and it suddenly dawns on me he has not seen me as I was out quite wide.  :BangHead yes I know a bit slow at times  :sleepy1 so I think if I hit the brakes now and he does the same we are both in the doo doo  :icon_eek: so I wacked the throttle open and drop across his nose to the inside of the road near the curb I bang the bike over and around the right hand bend.

You waved to me as I pulled in the Green Welly so I think I did not upset you to much, and if I did sorry I owe you a beer.

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

JayDub

:icon_lol: sounds like fun - no one harmed, sounds like you were more road-aware than he was tho.

Bixxer Bob

Blue steamer was probably Nick Calne.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

Don't remember anything like that. Not that it would upset me anyway. Was it Sin tiger?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

I think I left about an hour or two after Spud. He'd have to have being going backwards in time to let a slow coach like me somehow get past him!  Especially as I did some shopping in Fort William!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Geoff W

Yes Spud it was me you twatted! I When i saw you alongside me I touched the back brake a bit to let you pull in. I thought it was someone with a Girly/Steamer superiority attitude. No harm done and no hard feelings. It was a a wet run home until I headed East to Stirling, and came home via Edinburgh. A cracking weekend, Scotland is always a treat, the roads around Applecross were spectacular.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Spud

Quote from: Geoff W on July 28, 2014, 11:31:06 PM
Yes Spud it was me you twatted! I When i saw you alongside me I touched the back brake a bit to let you pull in. I thought it was someone with a Girly/Steamer superiority attitude. No harm done and no hard feelings. It was a a wet run home until I headed East to Stirling, and came home via Edinburgh. A cracking weekend, Scotland is always a treat, the roads around Applecross were spectacular.

I thought it was someone with a Girly/Steamer superiority attitude.

No attitude here mate the only reason I don't have a steamer as there was a black speed triple parked next to the one I had my eye on went I went to buy it, heart over ruled brain. I was just trying to make progress and keep my visor spray free as I was having problems behind other traffic.

I owe you a beer in that case mate and an apology  :icon_redface:

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Geoff W

No apology needed Spud.
I have worn glasses for 50 years and examine eyes for a living. My advice for wearing spex under a helmet is to fit a fog city to your visor, they are very good, but not infallible. In heavy rain as we had on Saturday and Sunday i ride with my visor cracked open, this provides a good airflow to stop the glasses misting. I usually wear a Shoei raid 2, and find that the chin/ visor vents don't provide enough airflow to keep the glasses from misting in heavy rain.
The worst situation is freezing fog, this mists up your glasses very quickly, not just on the outer surface, which you can wipe, but the inner surface which cannot be cleaned without removing the spex. If you ride frequently in poor weather, then get some daily disposable contact lenses, they work very well, are inexpensive and can be easily fitted.
Don't buy Transition spectacle lenses expecting them to darken under your visor, they will change only slightly as the visor filters out the UV  which darkens them, better to get some tinted prescription glasses.
The advantage of glasses is that you can ride with your visor up in hot weather up to quite high speeds without your eyes watering if the spex fit well. But overall if you don't have dry eyes , as I do then soft contact lenses offer a better solution.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Sin_Tiger

Well after Geoff W's disappearing act on Sat and Spud, thankfully, missing him on Sun, my comment that we should call him the Invisible Man seems even more appropriate, even more so give his chosen career  :icon_eek:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

Thanks Sin for the moral support   :ImaPoser

I took the visor insert out the other day because it was summer  :BangHead that will be going back in pronto, I've given my visor and glasses a good clean just in case I had wiped some of my waterproofing of the gloves onto them.

cheers for the advice Geoff. Yet another learning curve  :icon_scratch:

cheers Spud  :wave

Bixxer Bob

I need to CHANGE my glasses  :BangHead I thought you said blue steamer - hence my confusion when Geof put his hand up 'cos his's red.  :icon_redface: