News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fuel gauge moving around

Started by benebob, July 29, 2014, 09:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benebob

Bike has sat since June 6th when I had hip surgery, started it today for the first time to run it and keep things lubed only to find the fuel gauge now is going all the way to full then will drop down to nearly empty, stay there for a good deal of time (but not go all the way down) then rise back up.  Tank is full btw.  Any ideas on what to look at?  Seems quite odd to me.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

Mustang

it's the junk fuel level sender in the tank .

use "search" button
"fuel level" you will have a novel to read

Roadinator

If I fill my tank to the max, the fuel gauge is dancing for the first thirty minutes.  Pretty common on the Tigers with a full tank.  I don;t worry about it, but always set trip meter (fill up around 200 miles).
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i in Lucifer Orange

Bixxer Bob

Don't you just love these bikes?? :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NortonCharlie

My 1st 01 955 Tiger had the best fuel gauge, read full when full ran pretty linear to the bottom of the red, fuel light would come on with almost exactly a gallon in the tank.  My other 01 955, full tank, full then empty with the fuel light on then full.  Not to bad after that, gets down to about 1/4, then almost instantly goes to near empty, does move down on the red but runs dry and the low fuel light does not light up. 
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Chris Canning

Mine has always been the same fill it up and it's full on the gauge 120 miles ish till the needle drops off the dial 40/50 miles till the light comes on and then there's another 30/40 even after a filter change it's worked the same.

benebob

That's funny that it just started.  Must not like sitting.  If anyone is planning on being around Lancaster PA in the near future and wants to take my cat for a walk let me know.  Most of my friends are afraid of putting a tiger between their legs as they got short ones and favor two stroke scoots.  It is kind of a big leap to a tiger from a Lammie for a Vespa.  She needs to go for a ride and I'm not looking like I'll be on for a while.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800