News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2004 tiger with no functions

Started by 2004Tiger, August 05, 2014, 10:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2004Tiger

This is wierd. I stored my 2004 Tiger for 18 months on a trickle charger, but the charger failed a while ago so the battery died. Now I have connected in parallel with the bike battery a strong auto battery but nothing works. No lights, no horn, turn signals, or starter. What am I missing? The bike is powered up but acts as though there is no battery connected. I measure 13 volts at the battery terminals.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

NortonCharlie

Main fuse or kill switch ?  Main fuse in on the side of the battery box.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Mustang

SERIUOSLY  the battery is junk buy a new one .......................

2004Tiger

Bingo, NC. Thank you. I had never had an electrical problem with this one so I am not up to speed on it's wiring. The main fuse was blown. Of course I fiddled with the kill switch to no avail.
Yes, Mustang, I know the battery is toast. I am on my way to the store for a fuse and battery now.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

Mustang