News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lower rub block

Started by nickjtc, August 15, 2014, 05:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

The  Triumph guys finally got my rub block in. Cheaper than I thought it was going to be... $20.

So here's the question. When mounting the new one how much upward pressure should it be putting on the chain? If it is mounted with the maximum upward pressure there is a significant 'indent' into the line of the chain. I suspect that in this position the rub block will wear quite quickly until the chain finds its natural 'line'. Or is it mounted with minimal pressure on the chain?

It's a pity there isn't a spring in the set-up so that the rub block can rotate about its mounting bolt....

Thoughts anyone. Than q.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

nickjtc

The pic in reply #12 here shows what I mean:

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7267.msg49359.html#msg49359

I s'pose all the way up is right; answered my question. Pity also that the 'rubber' is not harder.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"