News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Alarm blanking plug

Started by threepot, August 16, 2014, 02:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Ive removed the alarm unit from the bike after some strange goings on. It was burnt inside,fire hazard!  Has anyone got a steamer with the blanking plug fitted in the loom? Could someone look to see which coloured wires it links to bypass the alarm? Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

The photo is the wires from connector block into alarm.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

Will yours not run without a blanking plug? mine doesn't seem to have one for the alarm unit or sounder  :icon_scratch:

threepot

I tried but it didn't seem to fire up,so I left it. It seems there is one from Triumph..p/n T2500050. I was hoping someone would have one fitted ? No probs,I'll order one and hope it works?? or I'll have to strip it out of the loom.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

ned37

alarm?  what alarm?  youins got thieves over there?
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

Nick Calne

I didnt know steamers had alarms either!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

rf9rider

Mine has a bridging wire in the plug meant for the alarm.

threepot

Can you let me know what coloured wires in the loom it connects? thanks
95 Super111
96 Tiger

rf9rider

Sorry mate, it was my first blue Steamer that had the bridging wire, i`ve checked through all my old pics, nothing of the loom plug.

Mustang

it's in the wiring diagram
plug #49  is for the alarm unit and  plug #48 for the alarm horn
the  jumper you need  is a  black wire on plug 48 that completes the ignition circuit
and is jumping the two slate color w/ white dash wires
get a wiring diagram if you don't have one ............................

threepot

Hi Mustang,Ive only got Haynes. It seems to correspond with the connector on bike. Ive taken a photo of connector,and a diagram of the coloured wires and corresponding numbers. Appreciate if you could point out the colours I need to link together? Thanks
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Mustang

the plug shown in your picture is the one that plugs into alarm , and is left as is with no blanking plug or jumper wire .
the other plug needs the blanking plug with jumper .

see  wiring diagram .

threepot

Thanks Mustang,purchased a blanking plug from www.worldoftriumph.com to connect the wires you stated :thumbsup Bikes running great again :icon_smile:
95 Super111
96 Tiger