News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cross border raid?

Started by pablo, August 31, 2014, 02:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pablo

Short notice I know, but the forcast is good for next week and up to now I've got no commitments after monday. If things stay that way, I was thinking about taking the opportunity for a ride north. Probably head off on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning and head for the highlands, north and west coast. No real plan just ride and camp.
Anyone else heading that way?

Geoff W

Sadly working all next week, otherwise would be good. Weather looks cracking.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

pablo

Nightmare :icon_confused: Driving home this lunchtime the van went into limp mode, glow plug and engine management light came on and no power. It's going in for a diagnostic in the morning and hopefully it's nowt serious. The bikes all packed, but I'm not going to get away untill it's sorted or I know it's going to be sorted.
I think I'll just sell up and get a horse and cart.

Micko

Just come back tonight from Scotland and fraid can't take any more time off work otherwise would have joined you. Had a cracking time and will post a few pics shortly. Had a bit of rain which was a bummer but not unexpected suppose. Have a great time and dead jealous!

pablo

Managed to get the van fixed (hopefully) early on Tuesday morning, and got on the road by about 11.00 although I wasn't looking at my watch. Headed straight for the Highlands in great weather. I'll post a few details and pictures later.

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

HockleyBoy

Good idea to get these trips in before they close the border  :icon_lol:
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Sin_Tiger

:icon_razz:  :nono that's just politics,  I don't trust any of them and if anybody is going to have a passport revoked it'll be any person with "politician" as a job.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

:iagree

How can you tell when a politician is lying? They're lips move.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HockleyBoy

Quote from: John Stenhouse on September 10, 2014, 11:34:51 PM

If only it wasnt true
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Sin_Tiger

Right back OT  :icon_rolleyes:

There are plenty of good rides and camping opportunities in the borders but don't forget Solway, Dumfries and Galloway in the West either. It often gets overlooked and there's plenty of scenery and fun riding to be had without going as far North as Glasgow.

NKL

their
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

threepot

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on September 11, 2014, 11:35:10 AM
Right back OT  :icon_rolleyes:

There are plenty of good rides and camping opportunities in the borders but don't forget Solway, Dumfries and Galloway in the West either. It often gets overlooked and there's plenty of scenery and fun riding to be had without going as far North as Glasgow.
I rode the A713 on the way up to FA. Nice :thumbsup
95 Super111
96 Tiger

John Stenhouse

Quote from: NKL on September 13, 2014, 01:01:18 AM

their

OOOPS! My bad grammar and spelling................sorry  :icon_study:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting