News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Insurance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by KuzzinKenny, September 08, 2014, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

Gets me renewal through from ebike and its almost £100 more than last year  :icon_confused: :icon_scratch:

is it cos i'm a year older ? me bikes a year older ? the hazelnut crop in turkey was poor this year ?

or they're just a greedy bunch O barstewards !! so fook em i say and go somewhere else !!

send email to ebike, get email to use there contact form  :icon_scratch: try contact form, nothin on the list to do with what i want to know so pick anythin just to get the next dropdown but never get anywhere to type what I want to say  :BangHead , so i manage to find a phone no for them and get stuck in a press 1, press 2, press 3, press 4, press 5 loop and no matter what i press it just goes round and round at £1.05 a minute  :bug_eye so  :pottytrain2 i'm done with them !!  :Topes

soapbox is back in the shed !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

threepot

I also hate those automated telephone services. I recently phoned to buy tickets for an Elvis tribute night..I had to press 1 for the money,2 for the show,3 to get ready.......... :bad
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

We're 'lucky' here in BC. There is only one provider of third party insurance, and you have no choice but to use them. Saves the aggro of shopping around though.  :augie For theft/fire/all perils/own fault stuff you can shop around, but there are only a handful of companies that are serious about dealing with motorcycles.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: threepot on September 08, 2014, 04:34:39 PM
I also hate those automated telephone services. I recently phoned to buy tickets for an Elvis tribute night..I had to press 1 for the money,2 for the show,3 to get ready.......... :bad

:ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser

Cheerz for that threepot, i needed somethin to put the smile back on me face !!  :thumbsup

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

PeteH

Just had my renewal through too.... up £78 on a two bike policy :icon_sad: someone, somewheres havin a feckin laugh.....
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Nick Calne

Odd. I thought insurance prices were supposed to be falling... Certainly did for my cars this year.

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: PeteH on September 08, 2014, 10:31:41 PM
Just had my renewal through too.... up £78 on a two bike policy :icon_sad: someone, somewheres havin a feckin laugh.....

You're right about that and its no wonder insurance is so dear, i phone a freephone No of the company and it rings another company  :icon_scratch: who are sortin it out for a 3rd company  :icon_confused: :icon_scratch: so thats 3 lots O commission before i even pay for insurance  :icon_evil: it sucks and they know they have us over a barrel, you'd think the likes of MAG or BMF would sort this crap out, it wouldn't be so bad if they were the middle man, at least you'd know who was gettin yer £££

Soapbox put away again  :icon_smile:

KK   

Bixxer Bob

Hey Kenny,  I use H&R in Aberdeen;  they are helpful and you do get to talk to a scot-speaking human.  They did a fair job on my two-bike policy too :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on September 09, 2014, 12:05:32 AM
Hey Kenny,  I use H&R in Aberdeen;  they are helpful and you do get to talk to a scot-speaking human.  They did a fair job on my two-bike policy too :thumbsup

Hey BB !!

That's weird,  :icon_scratch: i checked them out a couple O years ago and was told they don't do bikes with modifications  :icon_confused: so never bothered lookin at them !!

KK

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on September 09, 2014, 12:05:32 AM

I might Have to use a national company soon :augie I'll keep them in mind. So far Carole Nash have been good with me, covering my imported bikes on the chassis numbers and not charging to update with numbers when the DVLA came through.

For my Rangies I recently used Lancaster for the first time,  very helpful and even came back to me with a cheaper option after I'd given them the go ahead.

As with all these companies it's how they and they're support companies perform when you need it. I agree though, is really frustrating not knowing exactly who you're really dealing with. I used to use the same guy for all our insurance for the best part of 20 years. Always got me the best deal no matter what weird issues I threw at him, always at the end of the phone. Sadly be retired and said he didn't enjoy working in the industry the way it was going. My first year without him was a real :bug_eye to the system.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Bixxer Bob

Kenny, I sent H&R a list of mods for both bikes and they came back with no extra charge, even for the power commander on the Blackbird.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

H and R do my bike insurance too. They have always been both cheap and helpful. Watch them at renewal time though, as they wont offer you their best price directly.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

KuzzinKenny

I gave H n R a phone today to ask what was goin on with there insurance and they said that insurance needs change all the time and now they do insure modifications and accessories  :icon_scratch: but if they already told me they don't why would i think next year they would !!  :icon_confused: anyway they lost out on years of my business !!

KK 

KuzzinKenny

O i give up, i'm even more  :icon_scratch: now that the paperworks arrived...........

its from a 4th company  :icon_eek:

i should have just went to compare the whateveritis.com and at least i'd have a free toy meercat to take me mind of this crap !!  :icon_biggrin:

KK