News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Thought I'd drop by

Started by BruKen, September 24, 2014, 04:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruKen

Nice to see some old names and some new  :eusa_clap Must mean I'm not the last steamer rider out there. Haven't seen one on the road for ages. YAPI is still going strong and turning heads. Why cant they make pretty bikes anymore? The latest generation are so bloomin angular and ugly. Who wants to ride a butch dyke?  :BangHead

nickjtc

For us newbies do you have a pic??

Isn't a butch dyke an oxymoron??  :icon_lol:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

threepot

Agree. Most manufacturers are guilty.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

BruKen

Quote from: nickjtc on September 24, 2014, 05:34:49 PM
For us newbies do you have a pic??

Isn't a butch dyke an oxymoron??  :icon_lol:

Last pic here. Still looks the same http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7520.240.html

And nope. It's no oxymoron.  Bikes are feminine.  I don't like them looking like Mr Olympia. I like to give them names too. I mean really, when I twist that throttle I don't want to be shouting '' ARNIE!!! GIVE IT TO ME BIG FELLA''

YMMV.

nickjtc

Quote from: BruKen on September 24, 2014, 08:03:28 PM
Bikes are feminine.

I'll tell Stanley you said that. Fortunately he has been put away for the winter so cannot take offence!!  :ImaPoser

threepot

Lovely looking Steamer BruKen :thumbsup
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Nick Calne

Bruken! I thought you were lost to us. Good to hear from you and YAPI. How's tricks?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

rf9rider

Good to see you`re still about.  :thumbsup

BruKen

Hi guys  :icon_biggrin: yes, still about. I've taken to restoring an old boat now, "taken" because no matter how much work you put in, there is still more to do.... but still ride when the weather isn't conducive to fishing, hence my time is all tied up and the absence. Also my steamer has been an absolute darling reliability wise and so has spared the vanguard of Mustang et al  of my questions. Well just one.... has anybody ever discovered a means of stopping the old girls sounding like a tin of rusty nails being shaken on startup?

And Nick.... Stanley?  :nono Bet the old girl is in a right huff about that  :icon_wink:

nickjtc

Quote from: BruKen on September 25, 2014, 10:31:17 AM
Hi guys  :icon_biggrin: yes, still about. I've taken to restoring an old boat now, "taken" because no matter how much work you put in, there is still more to do

And Nick.... Stanley?  :nono Bet the old girl is in a right huff about that  :icon_wink:

The two happiest days in a boat owner's life: the day they buy their boat and the day they sell it!

Edit: ah, I get it. You mean the bike is the 'old girl', not swwbo.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: BruKen on September 24, 2014, 04:32:56 PM
..... Who wants to ride a butch dyke?  :BangHead

Rybes.  Oh,sorry, that'll be a Dutch bike.  Or at least a Danish one.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

fishnbiker

Fishnbiker is still out here on the Wet Coast of Canada. Felix is still running strong after19 years. I'm not stressing him so much on hard gravel now, as Buzz, my'08 Suzuki DR650 is now the designated "dirty bike". Felix & I did a 6,000 km rough pavement ride into northern California last June to keep him interested. Now has over 130,000km under the tires.

Photos at http://fishnbiker.smugmug.com/Motorcycles[/b]]http://fishnbiker.smugmug.com/Motorcycles
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

rybes

as ive just seen this post ill say hello meself. i mis my bike but its safely tuced away in a warm seller waitin for me to find a job  :icon_rolleyes: and get it fixed. see theres still loads of steamers out there. even saw one here in denmark late last year. made me sulk  :icon_lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Bixxer Bob

Nice to hear from you Rybes,   :pottytrain2  I was just thinking about you today, and wondering how you were getting on, when I came across your clutch cover in my garage.  RF9 still hasn't gotten round to collecting it.  :bad
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

aint he and there i was thinkin he was desperate for it lol. im not doin to bad thanks, missin me bike but cant bring meself to fix it cos i wont be able to ride it here  :icon_evil: stupid danish laws. least if its broken i cant get fined for ridin it  :icon_lol: and thatfine would be  :bug_eye
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)