News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

been a while

Started by rybes, September 25, 2014, 11:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

dammit, why didnt i think of that earlier  :^_^
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

yeah i know. talk about gutted  :icon_lol:

NeilD

Quote from: rybes on January 18, 2015, 03:09:09 PM

is it the people who had moto guzis ? i remember someone on here givin me an email of someone else from the uk who took bikes with em here. unluckily for me, the super 3 got sold before i could get enough money together to buy it. was mint as well and only 13000 miles on it.

Congratulations on the wedding, comiserations on the import tax   :bug_eye  it was me that sent you the info from the bloke who has imported a couple of Guzzis, and its much as you said - he had to pay about £4500 tax on a bike he bought here for £3000! ... despite some of the crap we get here, we do forget how 'lucky' we are (relatively) in the UK - someone else i know is trying to take his Hinckley Boinneville back to the USA with him and thats turning out to be more hasel than its worth...

Sin_Tiger

The now centralised DVLA / VOSA can be a jungle of confusing historical rules and exceptions to Neil. Took me months to import the Steamer and Thruxton from Singapore even though they pretty much follow the UK legislation.

Took me months of sending various papers back and forward, umpteen calls to several different departments, always someone different and nobody talks to anybody else nor seems to keep records. Even had to ride the bikes half way across the country for various inspections, all on Singapore plates, all perfectly legal apparently  :^_^
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

Quote from: NeilD on February 01, 2015, 09:56:21 AM
Congratulations on the wedding, comiserations on the import tax   :bug_eye  it was me that sent you the info from the bloke who has imported a couple of Guzzis, and its much as you said - he had to pay about £4500 tax on a bike he bought here for £3000! ... despite some of the crap we get here, we do forget how 'lucky' we are (relatively) in the UK - someone else i know is trying to take his Hinckley Boinneville back to the USA with him and thats turning out to be more hasel than its worth...

i knew it was someone but when you have a brain like a seive details get forgotten  :nod i still havnt found out how much itll cost to get mine on danish plates yet. dont wanna be cryin for months lol

nickjtc

Isn't it pretty much a given thing that moving to another country and wanting to take a vehicle can be a logistical and financial nightmare? Unless a bike is ultra rare, perhaps a person just has to sever the umbilical and kiss it good bye and then look for a new best friend in the new country?

Having said that, I have worked with several people who have moved their machines in to Canada from overseas (mainly Europe) and they have commented that the biggest cost and hassle was the actual shipping. Done it myself with an eBay purchase from the US.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"