News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

been a while

Started by rybes, September 25, 2014, 11:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

mornin all  :wave aint been in for a while as ive been sulkin. couldnt get the tiger runnin or find out what was wrong with it  :icon_scratch: so now unfortunatly it has to be put away for god knows how long till i can sort it. its not the case of money stoppin me, well it is partailly. its more down to the fact now that ive got danish papers i can no longer ride a foreign registered vehicle. to register it is goin to cost me around 10 thousand pound....yes 10 grand to ride my tiger in denmark on danish plates. so the plan is to get meself a danish triumph around the same year and put all my tiger bits on it. even that goin to cost around 5 grand. trumpfs are bloody expensive here. ive only found 1 tiger for sale here and that was 6 grand. missed out on a super 3 a few weeks ago. that wouldve made an ideal tiger base  :bad
so for a while at least i shall be drainin the petrol for the lawn mower and puttin it under a sheet in the cellar till i can bring it out again. cannot tell you how gutted i am. nearly 13 years ive had that bike and now i cant ride it cos of poxy taxes  :icon_cry: :icon_cry:
on a good note tho, i got married 3 weeks ago at denmarks version of the bulldog. not many pics unfortunatly as it rained really hard for the whole weekend.
so ya aint got rid of me yet, im just takin a break, by force  :icon_sad:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Bixxer Bob

Congrats on the wedding and commiserations on putting the bike away, but after our chat before you went I could see it coming.

Stay in touch, you never know what's just around the corner  :icon_wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Congratulations  :party really happy for you both and great new chapter in your lives.

Those taxes are nuts but I'm sure you'll come up with some scheme to get around the obstacles, you usually do  :bad
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

Congrats on the wedding, I know the feeling about registering stuff abroad, Honda France has a special department for that it's open half a day a week.................that would be why it takes a month for a reply to a letter and eighteen months to get the bike registered there  :icon_rolleyes:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

threepot

Yeah congrats. But for a minute there,until I read it again,thought you'd married Denmark's version of a Bulldog! :icon_confused:

Sacrilege to even think of breaking a Super3!!!!  :icon_cry:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Nick Calne

Hi Rybes

Congratulations mate.

On the bike, a couple of mates of mine got around the danish registration problem by importing bikes for racing purposes then stripping components into their road going bikes.

Dont really know how that helps but I certainly put a few bikes in vans bound for Denmark on this premise.

I'll find out more if you think it might help.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Congrats.

And remember the four magic words: "You are right, dear", or the Danish equivalent :icon_biggrin:

("Let's eat out" works well too.)
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

GavD

:eusa_clap Congrats to you & Mrs Rybes  :occasion14

Sorry to hear about yr tiger issues, hope you find some way round it before spring time.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

rf9rider

Congrats mate, bout time too.

rybes

cheers all  :thumbsup dunno what the fuss is about married life dont seem any differnt than before lol no, honestly it dont. still aint looked at the tiger apart from when i go to the cellar to get wood for the fire. still its got good company down there at the mo a 2001 cbr 900 and a gsx 1100 super street drag bike. neither are mine unfortunatly. theyve been dropped off to have stuff done to em.
if you could find out about that nick, thatd be great. is it the people who had moto guzis ? i remember someone on here givin me an email of someone else from the uk who took bikes with em here. unluckily for me, the super 3 got sold before i could get enough money together to buy it. was mint as well and only 13000 miles on it.

Sin_Tiger

"Married life doesn't seem any different" just you wait a while matey  :ear  :blah we still love em though  :mut
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

the while must be up  :icon_rolleyes: lol

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

A Kiwi colleague gave me some advice when I was still single.

About 6 months before you get hitched, start behaving really badly, slob, leaving you kit lying around, sitting around in your Y's, not washing dishes etc. Then over a period of say 6 months to a year, gradually go back to your normal self. She'll leave you alone after that, thinking that she has managed to change you.

I think it worked  :icon_scratch:

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 23, 2015, 04:25:14 PM
She'll leave you alone after that, thinking that she has managed to change you.

That's the key. Make the sig.other think that they are in total control.  :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"