News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Plastic Fuel Connectors

Started by offroad55, April 04, 2005, 02:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

offroad55

I'm doing some routine maintenance on my 05 Tiger and see I have the plastic fuel connectors.  My dealer said I do not have any recalls on my bike, do I still replace these or was the problem on earlier models only.  I hear the metal replacement ones are not dry disconnect, is this true?  I'm going on a 4500 mile trip this June and don't want any problems, should I replace them or not? Any advise is appreciated.
Norm

Sasquatch

I would highly suggest the metal fittings from Team Triumph.

Quote from: "Sasquatch"I would highly suggest the metal fittings from Team Triumph.

NO, NO, NO!!

Go back to your dealer and TELL him that Triumph did a recall on these. You should get metal (Alluminium) ones fitted FREE.

offroad55

Did not get the metal one's for free because the recall is not upto my vin # yet.  On the 05 model bikes with a vin # of 207 or lower (first 3 numbers of the last 6 numbers) it has the old connectors.  My dealer had the replacements one's in stock for $4.95 per, so I went ahead and bought them.  The part # is T1241260 for the White one and T1241279 for the Red one.
Norm

Sasquatch

Quote from: "Blacktiger"
Quote from: "Sasquatch"I would highly suggest the metal fittings from Team Triumph.

NO, NO, NO!!

Go back to your dealer and TELL him that Triumph did a recall on these. You should get metal (Alluminium) ones fitted FREE.

I still stand by my original statement.  The metal replacements from Triumph are only the male side of the connector (the female sides on mine broke) and they are not "dry break" fittings.  If you take them off, fuel will run out of the connector.

$75 is money well spent on quality chrome plated brass connectors from Team Triumph.  They are the full kit with male and female sides and even an extra oring in case you nick one.  And they are fully dry break valved.

offroad55

Sasquatch,

Point well taken, I just ordered the all metal one's from Team Triumph.  Now I can rest at night on my long trip this June.
Norm

Sasquatch

Quote from: "offroad55"Sasquatch,

Point well taken, I just ordered the all metal one's from Team Triumph.  Now I can rest at night on my long trip this June.

Good deal.  I know the money is kind of high for fittings, but they are really good quality bits of kit that will save you lots of grief.  My broken fittings cost me around $400 in tow bill, unexpected hotel stay and related expenses.  Sucks trying to get a tow truck to come get a motorcycle out in the middle of the Mojave Desert, 800 miles from home...