News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Idiot drivers in fog

Started by Geoff W, October 12, 2014, 05:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Quote from: Geoff W on November 08, 2014, 10:34:09 PM
Thanks for the kind thoughts. All I have to show is a couple of bruised toes. They will repair, so will the bike.What impressed me the most was the way the steamer didn't even blink or flinch, she just carried on straight ahead. That and the brilliant quality of the Alt- Berg Roadrunner boots, not a mark on them. I went on the same road to work today , the low sun is becoming a problem, time for a new visor I think.

Glad you're OK. If you got rid of that old steamer  :5moped and got a proper Tiger ( :ImaPoser) you'd have been past the car and back onto your side of the road a lot quicker.   :wheel :pottytrain2
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

I was bemoaning the low winter sun myself today, it's one of the few sensible justifications for wearing an MX helmet with a peak on a road bike.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on November 27, 2014, 06:36:21 PM
I was bemoaning the low winter sun myself today, it's one of the few sensible justifications for wearing an MX helmet with a peak on a road bike.

Who needs justification?? A person has to look COOOOL, after all  :icon_wink: :icon_wink: :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: nickjtc on November 27, 2014, 06:52:02 PM
Who needs justification?? A person has to look COOOOL, after all  :icon_wink: :icon_wink: :icon_wink:

:ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

motoOzarks

Dual sport helmet has visor, shield, and built in sun shade
Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Geoff W

I have never tried a peaked helmet, does the peak catch the wind very much? I looked into it last year at a motorbike show, but Shoei did not do one , and I could not find one to fit. Does the peak give any trouble at fast speed?
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

nickjtc

Quote from: Geoff W on November 28, 2014, 08:12:28 PM
I have never tried a peaked helmet, does the peak catch the wind very much? I looked into it last year at a motorbike show, but Shoei did not do one , and I could not find one to fit. Does the peak give any trouble at fast speed?

Depends on what you define as 'fast speed'. At up to about 120kph it makes no difference, both on the Steamer and on the Honda.

Bixxer Bob

Geoff, you have a short memory.  I have a peaked Shoei Hornet and they also do a more MX version called the VFX-W.  I can ride well beyond the legal limit without the peak being a problem.

To start with, I found if I was really stupid about it, the wind would catch the peak and twist my neck when I turned my head, but you learn to dip the side you are turning so the wind doesn't get under it.  It quickly becomes second nature nd you aren't even aware of it.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

nickjtc

I use this one, myself. Cheap as chips, but meets the appropriate standards hereabouts. And I have the right shaped head to make it very comfortable....

http://www.cyclegear.com/BILT-Explorer-Adventure-Helmet

motoOzarks

I've got one for a spare helmet.

Fair enough for the sale price.

Like most helmets you'll only like one if it fits.  Fitment plays into lift as OP asked about.
Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i