News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Been & gone & done it!

Started by mat-tiger1, November 29, 2014, 11:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Well guys, I've been & gone & done it! I'm trading in my (to-date) ultra reliable 05 Tiger 955i girly for a brand new Tiger 800 Xcx!
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Glad you've come out Ivor,  I couldn't have kept quiet much longer.  :ImaPoser

If I hadn't just written a big cheque for a new roof this news would've pushed me over the edge   :icon_mrgreen:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

Well done you! Nothing beats new wheels.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

PeteH

Shame the girlies got to go....but hey ho  :^_^  piccies will be required  :nod
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

nickjtc

Quote from: PeteH on December 02, 2014, 12:26:37 AM
Shame the girlies got to go....but hey ho  :^_^  piccies will be required  :nod

:iagree
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

mat-tiger1

Went over to to my dealership today (to choose some accessories for the Xcx) & found out they're using my bike as one of the reveal bikes on Thursday night!  :icon_sad:
Just hope they've put some accessories on it already!  :icon_cool: :thumbsup
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

nickjtc

Lucky you!

After you've had it for a while an in-depth comparison of 'older' technology vs 'newer' technology would be appreciated.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on January 24, 2015, 06:52:40 PM
Went over to to my dealership today (to choose some accessories for the Xcx) & found out they're using my bike as one of the reveal bikes on Thursday night!  :icon_sad:
Just hope they've put some accessories on it already!  :icon_cool: :thumbsup

Just make sure they don't let anyone sit on it, don't want your pride and joy scratched.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on January 24, 2015, 10:53:23 PM
Just make sure they don't let anyone sit on it, don't want your pride and joy scratched.....

Yeah you wouldn't want any scratches from some Vejazzled (is that the right word  :^_^) floosie  :nono
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Nice one :thumbsup I assume you had a test ride? How did it compare??
95 Super111
96 Tiger

mat-tiger1

Quote from: threepot on January 25, 2015, 12:56:40 AM
Nice one :thumbsup I assume you had a test ride? How did it compare??

Not yet Threepot, they won't unveil it until Thursday, even for me!  :icon_frown:

Never mind, it's all prepped & ready to go straight after the launch!  :icon_cool: (That reminds me, I must get my insurance sorted!  :icon_eek:)

Nick Calne

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 25, 2015, 12:43:06 AM
Yeah you wouldn't want any scratches from some Vejazzled (is that the right word  :^_^) floosie  :nono

Would make for interesting insurance claim...

So Mr Mat-tiger you claim the bike was damaged upon delivery, lightly scratched in fact. Tell me again exactly how this happened...

Y'know what, in view of this emerging risk I'd ask for a tank protector to be put on immediately.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

Reason I ask is the launch bike usually goes on to be the demonstrator because everyone wants to sit on it / climb all over it.  I've never known a dealer so tight-fisted that he pushes that risk on to a buyer.  Did you agree to it or were you given a fait-a-complait? 
How much is he knocking off the price?  Because when he hands it over to you, it's effectively ex-showroom, not "new".

Sorry if it looks like I'm pissing on your bonfire mate, but just want you to get what you're paying for  :thumbsup

mat-tiger1

Hi guys,  :wave Sorry I haven't updated on this post, but I've been too busy riding my new Tiger!  :icon_mrgreen:

The dealer really had me thinking that my bike was one of the reveal bikes. They pulled off the covers on the night only to uncover.... a white Xcx & a black Xrx for demo & general trying for size etc!  :icon_redface: :icon_rolleyes:

As for the bike itself, well what can I say apart from sublime! :icon_cool: I'd previously test ridden the old Xc & I was already pretty much sold on all of the improvements that had been made to date. But the Xcx simply blows me away! Everything from the riding position, (plenty of options of adjustment & even a lower hight seat is available if required) to the quality of all around finish.
The response from the ride-by-wire throttle is faultless, accelerating smoothly throughout the throttle' s physical range of movement with no delay whatsoever. The gearbox is smooth & business like with a gentle snick-snick when shifting instead of a clunk-clunk. I know it's still being run in at the moment, but it feels better than the Xc I rode. (We'll see what difference a few hundred miles on the clock makes!) :icon_eek:

Controls are well laid out & positioned within easy reach of the grips. There's lots of toys to play with if you're into that sort of thing, the ability to set up the engine mapping, ABS & traction control to suit your riding preferences are all there to be experimented with or you can simply use the pre sets which will be more than adequate for the majority of riders. The cruise control takes some getting used to, but once you've used it a few times it certainly relieves the right wrist on longer journeys (although the throttle action itself is quite light & smooth)
I haven't yet needed to utilize the ABS or traction control in normal road use yet, but once I get more used to the bike I intend to take in some light trails etc, so I'll update you on it's capability then.

Anyway, enough of this waffling, I'm off out for a ride now! :wheel

See you all soon!  If you fancy a ride-out sometime just let me know! :thumbsup