News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Seat height, not sure if mines been lowered or not??

Started by deiferdogs, January 14, 2015, 02:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiferdogs

Hi All

Have a lovely example of a green 955i but I'm not sure if its been lowered or not.  Seems a bit lower than my last 955i as I recall anyway. 

Can anyone advise what the standard shock length is eye to eye?  Or if someone could give me a dim with their bike on its side stand from ground to a fixed point at the back, e.g. underside of mudguard or rear light for example. 

Many thanks in advance  :thumbsup
Minter of a Green 955i, fitted with lowered pegs (Buell items), mirror extension bars, matching green triumph panniers, gel seat + more

Mustang

what is the model year of the 955 ?
there are differences in the years

deiferdogs

Hi, its a 51 plate 2001 model

Measures 645mm from floor to centre line of bottom of mudguard when on side stand

Thanks for quick reply btw  :eusa_clap
Minter of a Green 955i, fitted with lowered pegs (Buell items), mirror extension bars, matching green triumph panniers, gel seat + more

Dutch

I assume you have checked that the saddle of both bikes was in the same position?

PeteH

Also check the pre load setting as that affects ride height, oh, also check the eccentics
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Chris Canning

Just got my stock shock out of storage!!off my 2001 measured 370mm eye to eye.

deiferdogs

Thanks for all the replies chaps.  Saddle set to highest position on both bikes, will check pre-load.  Chris, many thanks for measuring your shock, will check against mine.  What did you replace yours with?

Chris Canning

An Ohlins which is discontinued you will have to look at either a Hagon/Wilbers/Hyperpro looking at the condition of the bike you have bought certainly worth spending the money on it.

Looking at the photo yours looks a normal stock bike apart from the gel seat you sure that's what is giving you a different feel.