News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

BMW330d Touring or Car

Started by Chris Canning, January 29, 2015, 08:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

By any chance does anyone run one on here? and if you do how it's run.

Nick Calne

I have a BMW 335i which is similar. Tried the 330d / 330 / 325 before buying. 330d was epic. Just the 335 is absolutely sublime.

Been a good car to date. 20k miles, just tyres, 1/4 litre oil, service due in 4500 miles, so it says.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

I'd looked at the 330d because I wanted a manual box every thing was going along tickety boo until I stumbled across the timing chain glitch on the 08/011 cars that have the cam chain at the back of the engine instead of the front which leaves me in no mans land of either buying an all but a new one or pre 08.

John Stenhouse

Isn't it possible to do the old bike trick and wind the new chain on connected to the old one?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Most of the car engine timing chains I've come across are one piece efforts  :^_^
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

threepot

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 31, 2015, 03:15:40 PM
Most of the car engine timing chains I've come across are one piece efforts  :^_^
Think your right st. When I changed the head gskt on a 24v Vauxhall Senator a few years ago,it was just a case of wrapping the chain around the cam sprockets,and the slack was taken up by the tensioner.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Nick Calne

Chris are you gonna be towing anything? If not, do give the auto with the flappy paddles a look in. It is really, really nice and changed my view on the matter entirely.

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

The answer is no,whats complicating things I've 3 years to retirement of sorts and we run an assortment of vehicles and it's complicated because I don't want to be without a van and if I can get what we have to last then I'll buy a VW Sportline but if our old estate goes belly up then I need to have a plan.