News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Will trade Gel seat and $$ for Corbin

Started by Sasquatch, April 13, 2005, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch

I have a Triumph Gel seat that is near new for a 955 Tiger.  It is definatly better than stock, but not as good as the Corbin for my butt.

Anyone have a Corbin that they do not like and would be willing to take a Gel seat plus some $ in trade?

daddystarr

Uh.... anyone?

I hear a cricket chirping.
http://elegantcode.com

01 Tigger

77 XT500

94 GSPD (Sold)

cbxtc6

I got my 'new' Tiger yesterday (from losttrails), and it has the Corbin on it.  While I like the broad seat, it does limit my foot/ground level.  I may be interested.  Let me look at it.  Send me a pic?

Mike

cbxtc6

I got my 'new' Tiger yesterday (from losttrails), and it has the Corbin on it.  While I like the broad seat, it does limit my foot/ground level.  I may be interested.  Let me look at it.  Send me a pic?

Mike

Sasquatch

I combed through my smugmug account and here are some photos.  I will take some specific photos of the seat tonight and post them.

Crap, that is the only one I have in the SmugMug that even shows the seat.  I run with an Alaska Leathers sheep skin seat cover so all the photos just show the seat cover.  

I'll get some and post them tonight.

cbxtc6

I looked on the Triumph site, and it looks like it comes only in the front seat, or rear.  I take it yours is the front only?  I'll be needing a rear seat too?

I mean, is it two-piece?  The Corbin is one-piece.

??

Sasquatch

Yes, the gel seat is just like the factory seat two piece, just better with Gel.

I only purchased the front portion in Gel since I never carry a passenger.  My rear section is the original OEM seat.

What would you consider equatible for trade?  My front Gel seat and rear stock seat with hardware for your Corbin?

Make me an offer.  I will still get some good photos tonight and post them.

Sasquatch

Here are the photos of my Triumph Gel seat.

jp4evr

So i'm curious... is the Gel supposed to be thinner than the Corbin at the inner thigh?  

I just picked up a "new to me" 2000 Tiger with a 2-piece Corbin seat.  i'm interested if it is thinner as my 31" inseam seems to be on the short side.  Although I'm not going to be off-road much until i get the weight of the beast sorted out a bit more.  

If anyone else can advise on the difference I'd appreciate the guidance.
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

Sasquatch

The Corbin is wider.  By quite a bit.  With the Gel I can almost be flat footed (almost), the Cobin I would be tippy toed.  I will keep my stock seat for the off road stuff.

jp4evr

How tall are you?  Inseam?  I'm trying to figure out if this is the path i want to go down.

I hear the stock seat is pretty bad.  Is that your feeling as well?
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

Sasquatch

6'-0, 32" inseam.

Stock seat is pathetic.  I had to modify it with a Travelcade Gel pad, Sheepskin cover and some trimming on the plastic pan to make it bearable off road.

ergobob

You still have the Gel Seat for sale?

Email me at mailto:ergobob@aol.com">ergobob@aol.com

Thanks

Bob

2001 Tiger 955

1990 HD

Sasquatch

Quote from: "ergobob"You still have the Gel Seat for sale?

Email me at mailto:ergobob@aol.com">ergobob@aol.com

Thanks

Bob

2001 Tiger 955

1990 HD

Sent you an email..

ergobob

Sorry, I didn't get your email.

Would you send again.

Thanks

Bob

mailto:ergobob@aol.com">ergobob@aol.com