News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer carb slides wanted.

Started by JayDub, April 09, 2015, 10:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JayDub on April 14, 2015, 09:16:41 PM
I can see mine getting launched over the garden  :icon_evil:

Not with your bad back  :nono
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Ha! Off topic, the trebuchet at Warwick Castle just made the news.  Their party piece is to fire burning balls of pitch as it's getting dark.  I've seen it, it's pretty impressive.  But they hit the thatched cottage at the end of the display field last week.......

Back on topic,  I've been watching the discussion regarding one hole or two holes in the sliders.  Not being a Steamer owner I might be missing something but ....  if it needs two holes and you have one,,, drill one?  And if it needs one hole and has two,,,, araldite???
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JayDub

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on April 15, 2015, 04:09:22 PM
if it needs two holes and you have one,,, drill one?  And if it needs one hole and has two,,,, araldite???
A valid statement BB.  however, the slides in mine are so sloppy, that's where I feel the problem lies - plus the fact that from what research I've done, there should be two holes, the Trident carbs I've just received have one hole but its only about 1mm dia... so this should be fun  :icon_confused:
I'm beginning to think I should just change the jets and all the other new parts I fitted from mine to the Trident ones and replace the second fuel intake with the bypass tube from the originals....... anyone agree?????????????????????????

Mustang

what size jets are in the trident carbs ?

If they are anywhere close to the tigger I'd leave it and try the carbs as is !

JayDub

Trident: Cyl # 1&3 = 125, cyl # 2 = 120 (stock),
pilots 40, the needle tubes are 0.8 (steamer 0.6)
& between 2 & 3 is a t piece, this is listed on the parts diagram (world of triumph) as a vent, and the one between 1&2 is the fuel supply, but they both have a filter in, if I blow through either it comes out of the other so I'm thinking dual supply?

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator.php?block_01=&block_02=304332-0-2&block_03=70124