News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Trophy/Sprint carbs

Started by JayDub, April 11, 2015, 03:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

Can anyone tell me if the carbs from a Trophy or Sprint (not sure which they are from) would be OK for Steamer? up to now all I know is that the slides have one vent, where as mine has two vents  :^_^
I thought maybe just a jet swap would be suffice?  :icon_scratch:

Mustang

I don't have any carbs apart at the moment to verify , but should you have two holes ?

are your carbs unmolested originals ? as it was quite common for people to drill an xtra hole in the slide thinking the vacuum would lift it faster . Which in theory is great , reality is , it's like pissing in the wind.

JayDub

Going by this, mine is correct and the holes are very factory looking, i.e. neat... but who knows  :icon_rolleyes:
Trophy/Sprint:              PFKL1182465    PISTON VALVE CARB 2 VENT (AA)
Tiger up to VIN 71698: PFKL1182504    PISTON VALVE CARB 1 VENT (CC)
this is from the world of Triumph site
http://www.worldoftriumph.com/section.php/4379/1/triumph_parts
I wonder what it would run like if I just change the slides over, and seeing as Vince has offered me them for a silly price...

Mustang

Quote from: JayDub on April 11, 2015, 07:35:42 PM
Going by this, mine is correct and the holes are very factory looking, i.e. neat... but who knows  :icon_rolleyes:
Trophy/Sprint:              PFKL1182465    PISTON VALVE CARB 2 VENT (AA)
Tiger up to VIN 71698: PFKL1182504    PISTON VALVE CARB 1 VENT (CC)
this is from the world of Triumph site
http://www.worldoftriumph.com/section.php/4379/1/triumph_parts
I wonder what it would run like if I just change the slides over, and seeing as Vince has offered me them for a silly price...
that right there says you should have only 1 vent hole , maybe this is causing your surge
BTW vin # 71697 was the last steamer built and would have been fitted with keihin carbs

JayDub

SORRY!... My mistake, that should have read :-
Tiger up to VIN 71698: PFKL1182465    PISTON VALVE CARB 2 VENT (AA)
Trophy/Sprint: PFKL1182504    PISTON VALVE CARB 1 VENT (CC)
My VIN incidentally is 028838

Mustang

I got ya beat
my 95 steamer is 018209 it's one of the very first to hit the USA

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

GavD

http://triumphparts.calmoto.com/p/Triumph_1995_Tiger885/Piston/43469570/1240049-T0301.html

The above link would suggest it's the same item, if you go down the page a bit and click on the 'show' button it'll list all the models it's suitable for.

It's a US site, but is quite useful as it uses the triumph p/n.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

JayDub

Quote from: Mustang on April 11, 2015, 11:48:58 PM
I got ya beat
my 95 steamer is 018209 it's one of the very first to hit the USA
Yeah but mines got THREE 8's in it  :eusa_dance

JayDub

Quote from: GavD on April 12, 2015, 10:04:53 AM
http://triumphparts.calmoto.com/p/Triumph_1995_Tiger885/Piston/43469570/1240049-T0301.html

The above link would suggest it's the same item, if you go down the page a bit and click on the 'show' button it'll list all the models it's suitable for.

It's a US site, but is quite useful as it uses the triumph p/n.
I think theres variations and crossovers throughout the range, I think my carbs are #T1240625 where as the Trident ones (which it turns out they are) from Vince are #T1240900 and the list shows a different part # and different no of vents.. but right now I don't care as I have new hope of getting the b*stard to run properly  :hello2

rybes

mornin all. i got sprint carbs on my tiger jay and with the motad exhaust n k&n filter it was jetted spot on accordin to the bloke who put it on the rollin road.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

JayDub

You ain't popped up for a while?... With the stock jets, as set up for a Trident? I have stock airbox and zorst so I doubt they would be ideal - but we never know til we try  :bad
But its actually running pretty much OK ATM, - so if it ain't broke....

rybes

been real busy lateley mate got a new job that dont give me hardly any spare time. i hate it but its a job. tigers still laid up in the ceallar broken. dont wanna fix it yet as i cant afford to get caught ridin it. stupid danish taxes. was goin to get another triumph and swap everythin over from my bike but when there askin 13 grand here for a 96 trophy, yes really id be cheaper fixin and taxin mine by 3 grand. got a new bike now but feel a bit of a traitor as it aint a triumph  :nono :icon_redface:

yes mate all stock sprint stuff, never changed a thing although the rollin road bloke said to possibly change one of the jets but cant remember what one it was and i got both the airbox caps open too

JayDub

Fekkinell  :bug_eye I take it they don't like bikes over there then? is that import taxes, but why 10k to repair the steamer?
the standard jetting for the trident carbs is 120 mains on 1 & 3, and 125 0n #2  :icon_scratch:

rybes

its not that they dont like bikes its the 180% tax they have on em over here and the 10k for the tiger would be mostly taxes. so itll sit in the cellar and slowly get fixed until i can either afford to tax it or find someway round it. i see another rebuild happenin to it soon with the camo paint job  :bad. when it happens therell be lots fo pics too  :icon_biggrin: