News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Will I ever learn...

Started by JayDub, April 27, 2015, 03:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

On the A55 s/bound J19, at dusk, 75 mph, 4,000rpm, lights on..... Why is the volt meter showing 12.1v???
Turn off lights - 12.4v???
Is that a rattle I hear? difficult to tell with ear plugs.  Only 30 mins to home so I carried on, slightly concerned.
About 1.5mls from home I pulled in and removed ear plugs, GOD! - is it usually this noisy! :icon_eek:
I decided that as I'd just done 145mls with ear plugs, it was best to approach this with fresh ears, so this morning I researched the DAR threads and decided that I should pull the alternater out for a look-see.
I found nothing loose or otherwise untoward  at least thats DAR eliminated, but why the low volts I wondered.
I decided to do what I should have done in the first place, and get the multimeter  :icon_redface:
I checked across the battery terminals and saw 13.7v  :icon_scratch: I fired it up and saw 14.3v  :icon_scratch:
THEN I decided never again to buy one of those cheap (£1.89) chinese digital volmeters from ebay - even if they do look good grafted into the original Triumph clock  :icon_evil:
And yes - it IS usually that noisy :icon_eek:

nickjtc

Yup, the simplest answer is usually the correct one.  :augie
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

threepot

Yes..Chinese! Hence my reason not to proceed with the 'aye' or 'ai mun' coils!! :augie
95 Super111
96 Tiger