News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I need a hug

Started by aeronca, April 30, 2015, 08:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

My faithful old steed is close to retirement. She's coming up on 78,000ml  and running not so hot. Tired.(or for our English friends "tyred") :bad. I have no intentions of getting rid of it - I love it too much. But I do need another commuter/all arounder. So like many others I have been on quest for a new mount. And there is no other way to say it nicely so I will just say it. I DONT LIKE ANYTHING IVE RIDDEN. Including the new 800!!! Last year I bought a guzzi - loved the engine but hated the bike. Sold it 1 month later. I rode and FJR -  :sleepy1. I rode a Kawasaki ninja 1400 - AWESOME, but completely impractical. Buells, speed trip's, Harleys, yamahas, etc... and even the new tiger 800, and nothing screamed "hey I got to have one". In fact with all the hype on the new 800, I found it kind of - meh. Honestly I do love the 1050 engine on the roadie, and the way the girly rides, so I guess I'm stuck trying to figure out which one of the two ugliest bikes ever made I should buy. OR, throw a crap load of money into the steamer.  :BangHead  I need you guy's - guide me.       your friend,  Eric.

P.S. Where the hell is jetdocx???
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

John Stenhouse

Get a Girl, the prices some of them want though is silly.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: aeronca on April 30, 2015, 08:10:52 AM
P.S. Where the hell is jetdocx???

Probably riding the hell out of his 800, what does that tell you  :icon_scratch: nuff said.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

I would find a low milage steamer. Then all will be right with the world. Once you've got it sorted.

If memory serves Jetdocx got a tuono and was outta here.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Mustang

isn't very many steamers in the USA and it's a really big country.............. :augie

Mustang

Quote from: nickcalne on April 30, 2015, 02:35:26 PM
If memory serves Jetdocx got a tuono and was outta here.
he still checks in from time to time
Last Active:
    August 18, 2014, 05:47:09 PM

nickjtc

Find a 'classic' that has been all done? What about the modern Hinkley twins? I had a Thruxton and loved it...
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

aeronca

Quote from: nickjtc on April 30, 2015, 03:20:32 PM
Find a 'classic' that has been all done? What about the modern Hinkley twins? I had a Thruxton and loved it...

I do like the thruxton's.  cool bike.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

Quote from: Mustang on April 30, 2015, 03:03:29 PM
eric

transplant a low mileage sprint engine in for 800 bucks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Triumph-Sprint-900-OEM-Engine-in-great-running-condition-26-033-miles-/231381699239?fits=Make%3ATriumph|Model%3ASprint&hash=item35df6c8aa7&vxp=mtr

I thought about this as well, and will probably go that road. I need valve work and the cost of a transplant engine is less than a head job. Besides, I already have all the steamer cool tools :icon_smile:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 30, 2015, 01:24:21 PM
Probably riding the hell out of his 800, what does that tell you  :icon_scratch: nuff said.

I believe he bought and Italian sex machine.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

nickjtc

Quote from: aeronca on April 30, 2015, 04:03:30 PM
I do like the thruxton's.  cool bike.

A 'do everything' machine.....

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

you gotta pick which one stirs the soul .....................you know the answer already eric .

Mustang

Quote from: aeronca on April 30, 2015, 04:11:14 PM
I believe he bought and Italian sex machine.
he  also bought an 800 when he sold the steamship in San Francisco

aeronca

Quote from: Mustang on April 30, 2015, 04:22:02 PM
you gotta pick which one stirs the soul .....................you know the answer already eric .

Your like a Yogi :notworthy

p.s. new screen saver
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!