News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Apropos of nothing....

Started by nickjtc, May 15, 2015, 04:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

..... when I had a '79 Honda CB650 a few years back I was a contributor to the SOHC Four Forum. They had a thread called the 'Shameless Post Boost Thread' for a member to, well, shamelessly boost their post numbers.

So here I am shamelessly posting my 1000th post.

PS. Here is the bike I was shamelessly riding at the time:

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

That's a nice "classic" bike  :nod   Naysayers believe there was nothing of interest after British iron, then there's my generation that like the stuff we grew up with ie early Jap stuff but these bikes represent the exploration of new technology at the time (double overhead cams - as standard rather than exotica - alloy wheels and decent suspension) so deserve their place.

But, as a CX500 owner, I might just be biased ...  :icon_redface:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JayDub

:eusa_clap  :wings  :occasion14
Congrats Nick!
I had the 750 F2, rubber frame, but it just added to the fun  :icon_eek:
And was that pic taken on your admittance, or release?  :icon_biggrin:

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on May 15, 2015, 12:53:48 PM
And was that pic taken on your admittance, or release?  :icon_biggrin:

They let me out for good behaviour.  :icon_wink:

PPS to the bike story. I got the 650 in May 2006 to be a 'commuter bike' from my then home in Kamloops to the new job I was posted to in Fort St. John, in the north of the province. At the time I was not flush with spons so wanted something which I thought I could rely on, but which would not be expensive. Long story short I found the Honda in Abbotsford one weekend, threw the money at the seller, and rode it the 300 or so kms back to Kamloops without doing any mechanical check over. A testament to my stupidity or Honda's excellence???

I sold it three years later having put 22,000 trouble free kms under its wheels.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

John Stenhouse

I'm with BB I love the stuff that was around in my youth, and yes that includes the CX, I had a great holiday in Wales on one of them......... before you say that isn't far I was living in Norwich at the time
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting