News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Non-Ethanol Fuel - What's a person to do??

Started by nickjtc, May 25, 2015, 10:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

This is directed at us folks here in North America.

I do not know of anyone (apart from the corn growing lobbyists) who espouses the use of ethanol in fuel. However we are stuck with very little choice. EXCEPT here in Canada at least one fuel chain sells one of their lines without ethanol. Ah, I hear you say, then it's lucky for you. However the only fuel without ethanol is the very highest grade and octane, which for the majority of machines is un-necessary.

So, what is a person to do? Choose to inflict the ramifications of the use of ethanol on their pride and joy, or pay for a fuel which is potentially not the 'best' for the running of the engine??
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

nickjtc

So, higher (un-necessary) octane, but without ethanol, or lower (proper) octane with  ethanol?

Anyone?
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

they run fine on ethanol
and as long as the ethanol fuel is not allowed to sit it causes no damage to anything in the bikes fuel system .
It's when that shit sits for winter storage that it attracts moisture and causes bad things to happen .

All I have to offer is get a bottle of Startron , it's great stuff and ethanol that sits for a year (yes a year) will still be as good as day 1 usually .

it aint cheap , but you get what you pay for ..............
either way premium non ethanol or adding startron is going to be more expensive than plain ol ethanol

Bixxer Bob

Over the last year this stuff has arrived at the pumps all over France, the pump handle being blue (and they have a new one for diesel too, in a yellow colour).  Wherever I couldn't get standard 95 I used 98 because - so far - I don't have any tank or tank paint bubble issues (ok, so I have a scratch or two, that's what Bagsters are for) and don't want to start.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...