News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

IOM TT, who's going and who's been

Started by neilo, June 03, 2015, 09:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neilo

Watching the TT on ITV4 this week has got me thinking about my trip last year, camping in a friend of a friends garden and using the bus service to get around the Island. I decided to book early and bagged a cheap flight, stayed for race week (which was amazing) but how i wish id taken my bike  :wheel

nickjtc

Lucky anyone who lives close enough to make a trip over there a reality.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

neilo

:iagree but people do come from all over the world. saying that, I would like to visit the Pikes Peak race and that's out of my reach at the moment.

Chris Canning

We went last Thursday for the day!! our friends son lives over and wanted some things collecting so we went in the Sprinter bad crossing on the sea cat going  :icon_frown: if you go IoMtt.com you'll get the radio coms which at least gives you the vibes but blimey it's a dangerous place to go and that's just for the punters there have already be scores of accidents and one killed that's the week before practice week  :icon_eek:

neilo

I had a bad crossing on a sea cat to Dublin once, I new from the moment we boarded as the sick bags were on the table ready  :icon_frown: Who's your money on for the senior this year ?

neilo

They don't mess about even in practice  :bug_eye

GavD

:bug_eye Clean pants for Mr Hutchinson please  :notworthy
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Bixxer Bob

Been a couple of times.  Riding the circuit during the day is hard work.  You first have to calibrate your brain to accept that everyone filters at every junction, even when there's no room.  Until I did that I was getting stuck everywhere.  On the plus side, the car drivers expect you to and make allowances that you'd never get at home.  Then you have to up your game to cope with the speeds.  At first I was mainly watching my mirrors and trying to stay out of the fast boy's way.  Eventually I learned to ride my own line and let them worry about the overtakes; scary but it works.

After a few laps you kindof get the hang of it.  I practiced by getting up at 4am and doing laps when it was quiet(er).  There might be a few other bikes out but at least you miss the commuter traffic.

Everything else is magic, the crowds the atmosphere, everything.  The allcomers standing 1/8th mile at Ramsey is hilarious.  The handicap system allowed a nitrous 'Busa one minute and a stripped out 50cc twist and go scooter the next  :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bigfeesh

Just back, Steam Racket special offer, TT taster, £111 out saturday and return by thursday, got to watch what little practice there was. Weather was proper pants at times! Hurricane winds and lashing rain destroyed hundreds of tents and had lots of travellers seasick! The rugby club was as ever great, all in all a good short trip.  :thumbsup
Tiptop

neilo

We had a great time last year even though the schedule gets moved around most of the time due to weather. Always wondered why they don't run it a month later, is there a reason why not?

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Bigfeesh on June 08, 2015, 04:04:07 PM
The rugby club was as ever great,....

that the one in Douglas???  We stayed there, looney irish lads revving till all hours  :icon_mrgreen:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Quote from: neilo on June 08, 2015, 07:10:45 PM
We had a great time last year even though the schedule gets moved around most of the time due to weather. Always wondered why they don't run it a month later, is there a reason why not?

Wouldn't fit in with the BSB or more to the point the IoM has been going that long everything else fits in with them.