News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Am I just a crotchety old fart?

Started by nickjtc, July 22, 2015, 04:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Actually I would not say boo to a goose, but in my chosen profession (driver/rider examiner, 5 more years to go before I can maybe retire) I get to see a LOT of motorcyclists.

I do what I believe is right for myself when riding... ATGATT. Even with ATGATT I have had my share of scrapes, the last one being a coming together with Bambi who hit me (witnesses  to prove it, honest) when I was on my Thruxton, at 25-30kph (how fast can a deer run alongside you?). End result, cracked ribs, the end snapped off my right radius bone (resulting in my now being bionic and setting off alarms at security checks because of the metal holding it all together), and a second degree friction burn inside the right knee of my leather trousers. All this wearing proper gear.

Then I see the cruiser crowd riding around in beanie helmets, no jackets, fingerless gloves, and the ever present chaps. And the sportbike crowd (squids they call them over here) riding around in the latest Valentino Rossi replica helmet, with a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops.

And both ilks zig-zagging mindlessly through traffic, with obnoxiously loud exhausts, and invariably with only one hand on the bars..

Sorry, rant over.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

JayDub

It's his hormones  :icon_wink: it'll pass.

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

it's just the way it is .................

to each their own ..................

JayDub

joking aside - I tend to agree Nick, My thought is do as you will lest it harm no one, but some of the squids put everyone at risk... and all the screaming and cursing they do when they lose half their skin!!  :icon_rolleyes:
When I was a teenager (yes, I was once) I rode in what I could get, usually just to keep warm... norwegian fishermans gloves and a donkey jacket/oilskin suit - i was popular down the pub - getting followed around with an air freshener.... Don't think I had a helmet til it was the law either  :augie

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

Quote from: threepot on July 22, 2015, 09:21:02 PM
Who mentioned helmet!!? :augie
Oh no! Sorry TP... I wonder if he'll notice  :icon_eek: