News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

OEM clutch cables from now on

Started by cba191, August 02, 2015, 01:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cba191

Had an 18 month old clutch cable just snap on the freeway.  Just glad that I let my AAA membership renew.
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

cba191

snapped at the joint to the handle.  Looking at it, it looks like that did a crap job a connecting the end.

daveb

I had a clutch cable snapped last year about 5 miles from home, on my way to work, lucky enough I had a spare at home, the boss from work took me home for the spare cable,  fixed it roadside. Good job as the following day I went to France on the bike.

I now have 2 clutch cables fitted in position on the bike, one cable connected the other cable ready.  The free ends covered in plastic bags.

Change over time 5 to 10 mins.

cba191

Does anyone have a clutch cable that I can borrow?  I Have a couple ordered from Bikebandit, but I don't know if they will be here by next weekend.  I will replace it with a brand new OEM cable when it comes in.

Dyn Blin

Are you in SLC?  I've got a spare I can send you.  Priority Mail usually takes 2 days from Nor Cal to SLC.  PM me if I can help.
This is why we can't have nice things.

cba191

I am in SLC.  I ordered a couple clutch cables last Saturday, but I'm not sure they will be here next weekend, and I have next Monday and Tuesday off.  So I don't want a 4 day weekend with no bike.  That would make me sad.

Dyn Blin

Been there recently with the valve cover off and Triumph telling me it would be a week for shims.  A nice guy in a Honda restoration shop made my trip to MT possible last week, happy to play it forward.  PM me your address and I'll get it out Monday AM.

cba191

Would have been so quick and easy had it not been zipped to the frame.  Would have been able to just pull the new one through.

Dyn Blin

'Hope you didn't fill that tank before-hand in prep for the weekend....

cba191

It was filled to the brim 5 minutes before the cable broke.  Ended up buying a syphon and drained the tank.