News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

955i crash bar recommendation?

Started by ds99, August 05, 2015, 03:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

if you use the search function and the term "crashbars" or "engine bars"
you will see that there are lots of opinions and answers

for example "crash bars " with a space pulls up 21 pages of hits  :nod

ds99

i have used the search function but i could not find any threads about two of the bars i mentioned

Mustang

Your search -foo is weak  :ImaPoser
try "fehling"
or "hepco-becker"

They have all been talked ,discussed and then done over again, and beat like a dead horse  .............even the relatively new polish made bars (your first ebay link)have been discussed on here

we're cutting edge like that .....................................bwahahaha  :ImaPoser

motoOzarks

I'm pretty sure somebody just got and installed in the last few months  the ones in the ebay listing.
They look groovy, maybe pm them to ask about install.

I have some hepcos I got used but have not installed.  It won't be hard to do.  If I was going to buy new I would get a different brand that has more coverage of the tank and all.

Just flat don't see many of the fehlings in pics, especially with the front bar going accross.
I would personally choose those over the hepcos.

Good luck finding thunderbikes

Take into account where your knees are when on the bike and if you use tank pad or panniers that may interfere.

Some of the bars give a convenient place to mount highway pegs if you are interested.

My bike came with crash "stubs" on it.  I will vouch that they keep the tank off the ground when on level ground/tarmac.

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Chris Canning

Quote from: motoOzarks on August 05, 2015, 09:44:41 PM
I will vouch that they keep the tank off the ground when on level ground/tarmac.

It's not the tank you need to worry about do they keep the bars off the floor?

motoOzarks

Quote from: Chris Canning on August 05, 2015, 11:15:32 PM
It's not the tank you need to worry about do they keep the bars off the floor?

They've been tested twice and no damage to the bars, although I don't know if it's because it keeps them off the ground or just lightly hit the ground. Too busy picking the bike up fast so nobody would see my foolishness. Can't member.

They are only useful for non moving drops in my opinion.  They would dig in like a footpeg if down and sliding.

I'd rather deal with a handlebar hitting the ground as the tank myself.  I can drive home with bent controls or make something out of conduit or a stick or something.  Can't drive home with hole in tank.  Or at least not far.

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Bixxer Bob

The apex of the curved bar is the part to hit the ground and so slides without digging in.  Footpegs either fold at the hinge or snap off really easily  :icon_redface:  fortunately they were one of Mr Triumph's better ideas as the fronts and rears are interchangeable  :eusa_clap
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

I can only talk about Touratech yea I'm as guilty as the next for buying them as bling never in my wildest dreams thinking that I might need them,I'm not talking about some car park tip over but a full on 'Get off' as in when I came round my other half is still on the floor but with the bike I'm 20 yards down the road.

As luck would have it I've always carried a spar gear lever and after half an hour of pulling ourselves together and with no mobile phone signal it was ride with no left foot pegs for either of us,we ride into a little village and blow me there's small bike shop and he does a bodge.

It was only after the event I realised that Touratech luckily for me/us had done their home work,I'm not even sure if you can buy them new any more and if you can't I'd look for second hand.

Dyn Blin

Wow, nice save. glad you both are OK.  Looks like the Bagster cover proved its worth too?
This is why we can't have nice things.

klingklang

Just bought the HEED (heed.com.pl) to replace bent hepco& becker.  Will post a full review soon.  Very impressed with quality and fit.  Look very strong.    If someone need a left side H&B bar,  let me know