News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Inside the tank

Started by Dyn Blin, August 10, 2015, 10:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyn Blin

Seeking WOTL:

Longtime Girly owner.  Seems I have a freely spinning receiver inside the tank on one of the two battery box bolts secured to the "back" of the tank.  I tend to be careful on torque values for just such a reason, but I guess I was due.

Advice?  I had the pump assembly pulled a bit ago, and don't recall seeing any access to any of the fasteners from the inside, let alone that dogleg location.

Much appreciate wisdom from those that have gone before.
This is why we can't have nice things.

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Dyn Blin

No.  Or, at least, not yet.

motoOzarks

:icon_study:

Guessing.....find another way to secure battery dealie bob....I dunno
Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Dyn Blin

Yes,  battery box is secured at 2 other points, not much of a worry, & a careful dremel job would take care of removing the box for further maintenance.

However, an interesting problem to solve.  Going to think about this for a bit.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Dyn Blin

much obliged, thought I'd seen that previously but couldn't find it.  Looked in wrong forum.

Perfect timing:  Just before I was about to drain the tank, partially fill it with water, clean out the freezer chest and go to town.  Likely saved me a damaged tank and divorce.